background

Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Am I dreaming? When I wake up I will be all better!"

Leo saying goodbye...for just a few days!
Feeling miserable :(

Isn't it funny how one day you things can seem like everything is going perfectly and the next day you think to yourself what happened?

Emily woke up about 3:00am this morning with horrible stomach pains. She laid with us for about an hour as I kept watching her temperature rise. By 5:00 there was no question, it was time to bring her in. Not only was she fevering but now she had diarrhea and throwing up on top of it.

Emily cried, "I don't want to go, I want Leo! I need my Fluffy!"

Jacqueline and Thomas being the wonderful big Sis and Bro that they are, hurried and grabbed her camera. They took lots of pictures of Leo and even filmed him too. They filmed themselves telling her how much they loved her too! She loves looking at them. It was such a great idea!

Emily threw up 2 times on the way up. She did a great job getting it all into the bowl but didn't realize she needed to hold on to it after....needless to say, we are going to have a VERY stinky van! I rolled the windows down a little hoping it will help air things out by the time we get to go home.

Emily stopped throwing up about 10:00am. She is still dealing with diarrhea and fevers. They shoot up to 103-104 degrees and then the Tylenol brings it back down for a few hours allowing her to feel a little better. Better enough to order frozen yogurt 4 times!(sound like anyone else we know?)

Lot's of tests have been run. We haven't heard anything yet, we may not ever know exactly what it is because of all the antibiotics she takes daily could mask the real problem. Either way, if we find out what kind of infection it is they will make sure she has the right meds to get her better; if we don't find out we will have to stay here until her fever breaks. We are HOPING she will be able to come home Saturday or Sunday...

Emily kept asking me today, "Mom, am I dreaming? Am I going to wake up and be home and be all better?" "Mom, I really think I am dreaming...I know I am dreaming!"

"No, sweety your not dreaming but you are on another hospital vacation, so let's make the best of it!"

Thankfully, she is being very sweet and grateful with all of her nurses. She was also very excited to have her Dad, Grandpa and Grandma Whiting come to visit.
Grandma was such a trooper...she never gave up even after 3 hours of driving the wrong way! Emily kept telling me to call Grandpa to go and get her...this is exactly what he did! Thanks Mom for doing your best to come and see us! We feel very loved:)

6 comments:

Monica said...

You are all in my prayers! I know the feeling of thinking is it a dream (or nightmare)! That sweet Emily and Jacqueline and Thomas! I love how they were trying to console and comfort her by taking pictures of Leo! I have witnessed that for myself many times! We love you all!

You are all so BRAVE!

I just sent Emily a beenie baby named Pico (the girl version of Paco! Tell her, maybe it will give her something to look forward to!

Amber said...

Jac and Thomas are so supportive and loving. I'm so sorry you are on a hospital vacation!! I'm glad we didn't see you or I would worry this was our fault! We doing well but not perfectly enough to come see Emily. We need to stay away, for sure. Emily, we can't wait to get together and play. We miss you and pray for you EVERY prayer!! You'll be home soooo soon.

Christy said...

Yikes! I am so sorry. Get better, Emily!

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

That makes me wanna cry. Aw Emily!! Heavenly Father is carrying you through this :) I love you!

'Mamma J' said...

I know that you have great doctors...I had the same weird stomach pain and fever thing happen to my guy-Nate. We were actually on vacation in Mexico-scary...but it turned into walking pneumonia. Good luck! We are thinking of your family and wishing you the best-we hope Emily feels better soon.

marilyn said...

Jill you are always prepared and ready for whatever is thrown at you and you tackle it with everthing you have, you and Matt have been amazing examples to your precious children and it shows! No matter how long it would take me to get to primary childrens hospital it would get there. I love you!!!