background

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Emily and her Daddy

Two of my favorite pictures that make me smile!
Yesterday Emily woke up with a huge smile on her face. She was SOOO excited as she kept singing, "I get to snuggle with Dad today!!!!!"
This past weekend Matt came down with a nasty cold. It was a very sad few days for a little girl who loves to be with her Dad every chance she gets!
Any time he would get within a few feet from her she would run away saying "It's just not fair!...Why do you have to be sick?"
Every morning she would ask, "Are you better yet?" Let's just say Mom got Lot's of Emily time :)
Emily told me the other day,"I don't believe you (I guess on anything I say...she wasn't specific) but I believe Dad." Well, at least she trusts one of us?!
She definitely knows her Mother isn't perfect! (who knew?) Isn't it sad when you can't even fool your 7 year old?
I am so grateful that they have such a close relationship. With a dad like Matt would you expect anything less?
All of our children have a very special relationship with their dad; why? because he takes time to show them how much he loves and cares about them...even when it's late at night and he has an early meeting, he doesn't pass up the opportunity to spend some priceless one on one moments with each child in their bedroom telling them goodnight....We are so blessed to have him around!
Last night Emily got her wish...she got to SNUGGLE with DADDY!!!

7 comments:

marilyn said...

Yes Emily has a wonderful wonderful daddy and she also has a wonderful wonderful mom that she loves just as much, each one of you has a special place in her big heart, what a blessing to have two great parents and a wonderful big sister and brother!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I had so much fun catching up on your blog! I go out of town and miss all your fun! Snow, shaving, snuggles.....what more could you want? Hmmmm....I am thinking you need a "trip to Boise" post.
We LOVE you all!!
P.s. the shaving looked like fun!:)

Jolyn Buhrley said...

p.s. Matt is amazing....did I ever tell you what my kids said on the drive home from visiting this last time? Gracie told us she couldn't believe Emily's dad.....he is a GIANT! Mac said he finally knew exactly what he wants to do "when he grows up." He wants uncle Matt's job. Watch out Matt, you may not have job security!:) He was so impressed listening to Matt....we all think Matt is a "GIANT" of a man!

Meg said...

I love that SOOO much! Every girl always wants to be a Daddy's girl and she gets her wish! She can truley play butterfly kisses at her wedding and it all would be her relationship with her Daddy! I am so glad there are good Daddy's out their. Your fam seems to have some of the BEST! Love you all! Way to be #1 Matt!

Amber said...

Emily is a lucky girl!

Mindy said...

I can't visit your blog if all your blog posts are going to make me cry! Matt is awesome. Your family is awesome. I'm finally updating my "blog" list so unfortunately for you, you'll be hearing a lot more from me! :) We love you guys!

Christy said...

Daddy snuggles are definitely priceless. Thank goodness for good daddies!