background

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Our family had a great Valentines day this year. It was so great to have the whole day to spend together. Jacqueline spoiled us with heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. (Very Yummy!)

Emily enjoyed walking around the neighborhood delivering Valentines with Leo and Matt. An hour later Matt was sure to thank me for allowing him to go with her! I knew he would love to have bonding time with his youngest daughter...aren't I SO in tune to their needs?

Each time the door would ring at our house Emily would giggle with excitement, run to the door and find a new friend with a Valentine for ....EMILY!....Yes, we all gave up hoping that something was coming for us. (Don't worry, we got over the disappointment after a few hours! Ha ha) As for Emily she felt VERY loved by many wonderful and thoughtful people.

Emily also went to her school Valentines party on Friday. It is nice to have some fun times to look forward to being with her school class. I think it helps to keep them connected with each other; which I am hoping will help make it an easier transition when she gets to go back.

She loved having the chance to be a part of her class and going to recess; making her feel like "normal" again. (Even if it was just for a few minutes anyway!)

We ended the night with heart pizza, red popcorn and a movie. As you can see, the kids fell asleep but Matt and I enjoyed watching one of our very favorite romantic movies, Sabrina.

It was a wonderful way to spend our Valentines Day.... with the people we love the most!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rose said...

Our good fortune is your good fortune! Free ski passes are yours. I will let you know more details (like if you can use them a different weekend, etc.) We will be at Wolf Creek the 26-28. I think we have to check out by 11 (and I'm hoping my brother is coming home that day, from Afghanistan. You're welcome to come hang out with us while you are there! That would be fun!

marilyn said...

What a fun day to spend with the people you love, Jac those pancakes look delicious, and I don't think I ever had red popcorn. How fun for Em to deliver valentines. I love valentine days to be on saturday I wish it always was you have the whole day to enjoy without work or school. Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Amber said...

You are so fun! Everything tastes better when it is heart shaped. I can just imagine Emily's smile going around the neighborhood. We missed you today!!

Kellie said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day!

Janine said...

Emily, Thank you so much for the Valentine! It made my Valentine's Day complete. It meant so much that you thought of little ole me. :) I hope you had a great Valentine's Day too. It looks like you did.

Monica said...

We think alike! We always have heart shaped pancakes for Valentines! It is one of my favorite holidays! We love love love the Heaps!!!