background

Monday, February 2, 2009

Snowshoeing!

Matt and I went snowshoeing on Saturday up Provo canyon. It was such a beautiful day! We are so lucky to live so close to such beauty!

It was a perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon with my best friend. The kids made quite the sacrifice to let Mom and Dad go and have fun without them. Emily kept saying, "Why can't we go as a FAMILY?"

Family time is wonderful but so is couple time! We need to do more of it!!!
Here is a sample of the amazing sights before us on our trail.

Next month we are going to try cross country skiing...I hope we fair better than the Drapers on their trip! Ha ha

Now we just have to convince the kids that they WANT us to go...we are much better parents when we come back!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

This looks like it could be right out of a magazine-including the models in the photos. Your gorgeous and so are those mountains. WOW-what a great day together.

Isn't it great to be married to someone you LOVE to be with?!!! You guys compliment each other so well.
I love you!

Christy said...

How fun! You will LOVE cross-country skiing... atleast I hope. It is so much fun... I miss doing it. I hope your kids will not be hanging on your legs and let you go.

Angee said...

I was just thinking how great snow shoeing would be. Where did you rent your snow shoes? And what trail did you hit? If you want to go up Weber Canyon to Snow Basin, we rented our skis for like $13 each and they maintain a groomed X-country skiing trail for no charge. Have fun...

joslyn marie said...

Aw this looks so much fun. Okay this might be the only good thing about living in utah!! :) hAHA. You guys are the cutest. I love that em said that. She is so cute. Give everyone hugs and kisses from us!! Miss you guys

marilyn said...

What a great couple, I'm so glad you take time for each other in both of your very busy scedules, what great examples you are to your kids, what great self esteem it gives to them knowing that their parents enjoy each other so much, and what great kids to support their parents. I'm so thankful for my childrens marriages I just can't believe how perfect you are for each other. I agree you look like models, I bet you two will be in the newspaper tomorrow! love you