background

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blessings of the Sacrament

Each Sunday for the last 7 months, we have been blessed to have these amazing teens come into our home. Boys who take their priesthood seriously, who keep themselves worthy so they can fulfill their duties as priests. They have been so willing to come after church each week to bring the sacrament to Emily. As you can see, She is all smiles because, she knows they are there for her, and she knows that they love her!
Even though Emily is not an official member of the church YET, she has a testimony of the sacrament. Last summer when we were in Arizona, she was so upset when my two younger brothers were not coming to church with us. When we got in the car to go, she looked at me and said, "Mom, they HAVE to go to church! They need to take the sacrament!"
At her young age, she knows that taking the sacrament is important. She looks forward to this each week and hates it if she misses just one week . She doesn't want to miss out on the spirit that comes into her live when she partakes of the sacrament.
It has been such a blessing in our lives. I get emotional every time I think about it, because each one of these boys has such a special spirit that they bring into our home. They have the light of Christ and it shows in everything they do. We are so grateful to live amongst such amazing people! This is proof that it's not just the adults that are amazing...young and old alike, we are blessed by all!
Words can't express our gratitude for these amazing boys, (I had to try though). Thank you for serving our family and for being such great examples of what selfless service means! I am not sure these boys will ever understand what a difference they have made in our family's life. I hope someday, they will look back and know that they really did make a difference!
THANK YOU!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Meg said...

I love that Em has a testimony. SHe has been such a blessing to me by he faith that she shows. She has a stonger knowledge and understanding of spiritual things than most people as adults do. I love the things she prays for and the things that are really important to her. Thanks Priests for bringing light into the life of our little Emily that brings light to so many of us!

Christina said...

That was beautiful! Thank you for sharing! Emily has such a strong spirit. I know our Heavenly Father is always so proud of her and her strength and willingness to share of her testimony and spirit! (The same applies to you and you your family, too!)
Love you!

Amber said...

Emily is such a strong spirit. I feel so blessed to have her apart of our life! What a blessing for Emily to feel the support of the priesthood and the strength of priesthood ordinances at such a young age.

Lisa Hartle said...

Amen! :0)

Monica said...

What a beautiful post! It is a good reminder to us all! Emily has so much faith. If we could all have the faith of Emily...could you imagine!!!
Mitch goes to some Elderly homes an administers the sacrament. If we lived there he could come to Emily!
Jill I love your gratitude for LIFE!!!
Sad that you can't come to Women's conference. Come by on Wednesday night! I'll call you when I arrive!

Rose said...

What a sweet tribute! I'll make sure my boys see this!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

What a wonderful experience for you and them! I know as a mom of a priestood holder, you are so grateful for these kind of oppurtunities. (I am going to think more about the blessings of the sacrament this Sunday. )
Thank you for sharing.