background

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grandma Pink

My Grandma Whiting is truly one of the most amazing people you will ever meet. She has been through so much in her life yet, she stays so strong! She misses Grandpa so much. It has been almost 33 years and she wants to go home too! It has been very difficult during the last few years to watch her endure so much pain.

She gave us her life history for Christmas and it is so precious. I appreciate how real and honest she is...she didn't sugar coat any of it! Yet, it is the sweetest story I have ever read! She is an amazing example to EVERYONE who knows her. She has served 6 missions and would be willing to do more if her body would allow it! Grandma has made sure that all of her children, grandchildren and great children KNOW that she has a testimony of Jesus Christ. She not only shares it in words but she has always shown us through her ACTIONS! I am so glad when we can visit with her and enjoy her sweet spirit. I am not sure how much longer we have with her, for her sake, hopefully not too long. For all of us though, she will be sorely missed! We all love her so much, and we know she loves us! She has a great talent with letting us all feel like we are very special and very loved!

As we sat at her feet this afternoon listening to stories of her childhood I couldn't help but feel so much love and gratitude for having such a wonderful grandma!

Thank you Grandma for being YOU!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christina said...

I love that you call her 'Grandma Pink'! I think that is so cute! I love this post and yes, she will be sorely missed! I love her so much and your kids are so lucky to know their great grandma! We have one of the best Grams ever! I know that she loves your visits!

Monica said...

I love this tribute! It is beautiful! We all love Grandma! She called me the other day and I got to talk to her for a while and catch up! She makes everyone feel loved and accepted! I'm so glad that you take the time to visit her with the children!

Angee said...

What a great picture of Gma Pink with her great grandkids...

Meg said...

How I love this woman with all my heart!! SHe has loved me from day one of meeting her. She is the tiniest, cutest and spunkiest grandma in the world! I love her dearly! Thanks for that GREAT post Jilly!

marilyn said...

Your visits mean so much! Em said she will still visit me when I am old, but if I live far away she won't be able to see me as much. I will have to make sure I live close!