background

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Emily's Clinic day

Emily LOVES going to the hospital for her check ups...especially IVIG days! This means we will be there for LONG time! Who wouldn't love ordering food and watching movies all day?

Emily is looking great; we just wish her counts would look the same. For the last month her counts have been dropping. Her WBC is at 1800 and her ANC is also low at 700. Her EOS(I have NO idea what it stands for) are really high too which usually means she has allergies or Graft vs. Host. I haven't seen any signs of allergies but who knows? Emily also has stomach aches every morning which may be a sign of Graft vs. Host as well. (It could just be irritated from all the meds she takes!) The doctors are obviously watching her closely and aren't saying much, knowing there could be a million different reasons for low counts. For now, we will just pray that her body will work hard to bring her counts back up. It was a good reminder that she is still fragile and very susceptible to germs.

Emily's first grade class is going to the Zoo on Friday. I told Mrs. Moore I would ask the doctors to make sure but I was sure it would be fine to bring Emily since it's outside, right?! Emily has been so excited to go!

I am such a WONDERFUL, THOUGHTFUL mom...

As soon as I asked Dr. Pulsipher if she could go, he looked at me like I was a crazy woman! He told us that this is one of the WORST places we could take Emily right now! He then explained that the yucky smell at the Zoo as well as at Farms, is MOLD!!! (and I thought it was just poop!)

Emily was DEVASTATED to put it lightly! I felt horrible! Her nurse kept trying to think of other fun things we could do, but nothing sounded as good as the ZOO!

Mrs. Moore helped out by inviting her to Pirate Day on Thursday which will be Lot's of fun. She is also trying to decide what great activity we will be doing on Friday to make up for missing the zoo...I am sure it will be LOADS of fun! I am sooo excited!

On the way to our appointment we ran in to one of the bone marrow nurses. Emily asked, "Is Karter here" She looked surprised and said, "Well, yes he is and I am his nurse today!" He had just came in the night before with a fever. Not that we are glad he is sick but it was fun to see his mom and visit for awhile!
Malory has started up a new business selling hot/cold packs these are not the boring heat pads and cold pad we are used to seeing, They are stuffed animals! They are so cute! If you are interested check it out at http://www.karterskritters.blogspot.com/ Emily sleeps with a heat pad every night...she is so excited to have one that is a stuffed animal! I bet you can't guess which one she wants...hmmm.




4 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry about the zoo, Emily! We will double our efforts in prayer for your counts to go up. Jill, I'm so glad you are blogging these details so that we can get quick updates. I can't imagine how hard all this would be. You deal with it so well. Love you.

marilyn said...

Our prayers are constantly with Emily I keep remember the blessing of healing that she had and know that we need to have faith. Em I know was very disappointed about the zoo but I know how fast Em bounces back from discouragment and she will find something else to be excited about. She is amazing, I just wish I could give her my amune system.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I bet a trip to BOISE would help her forget about the zoo!!!

We are praying for you.
love you with all our hearts.

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

em! I love you so ooo much!! only a few more weeks and i will live by you!! you are the best there is! :)