background

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!


The Easter Bunny always comes to our house on Saturday. We love it this way because there is no rushing to get to church and having the kids wishing they were home eating there treats etc.

The kids had a great time finding their Easter baskets and then there eggs (which I miscounted so we kept finding more eggs all weekend! I was a little distracted when I was counting them :) Oh well, more fun right?)

Mrs. Moore surprised us with very yummy cookies from Dipidee...so much for my "NO SUGAR" goal! I made up for it by eating lots of chocolate to go with it...hmm...something wrong with this picture?

We made "Easter cookies" Saturday night to help set the tone for the REAL meaning of Easter. We read scriptures with each ingredient and then placed the cookies in the oven which represented Christs tomb. Then, we went to bed...In the morning we opened the oven and everyone tried a cookie. When I do the recipe right, they are hollow inside representing the empty tomb. It is actually a great visual. I messed up though so we had to use our imagination :) It was still a wonderful Easter Sunday with Lot's of sunshine, and an amazing family night put on by the Parish's walking us through the last week of Christ's life. Most importantly, we celebrated the fact that CHRIST LIVES! Isn't this such a blessing to know? I am so grateful to know this with everything that is in me. I know with all my heart that Christ died for us and he was resurrected, HE DOES LIVE! Life is a wonderful thing to celebrate!

Happy Easter everyone!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Hey sis! We have some of the same traditions! The Easter bunny comes to our house on Saturday, we made the same scripture cookies,(mine weren't quite hallow either--but they actually tasted pretty good.), and I lost count of the eggs. I guess we are sisters! I love you--xoxoxo

Monica said...

It looks like a fun wonderful Easter!!! Yeah It looks like Emily finally got a webkins Paco. I looked all over for one and had to settle for every other Paco stuffed dog!!! She is getting quite the collection!!! Thomas looks rich! Wow I need to that Easter bunny to come to my house!!!
It sounded so neat the Easter activity that you did with the Parish---I wish you had pictures of it! I wanted to see all the unique food items! It sounds like we missed out!!! Happy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy Happy Everything!

Meg said...

Why do you count the eggs? I don't get it?! Glad you had a WOnderful Easter weekend!

Angee said...

We celebrate on Saturday as well. I like focusing on the real Easter on Sunday. Looks like fun. Thomas is so handsome. Watch out world...