background

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Goodbye Spring Break

It has been a wonderful week, weather wise, not so wonderful but other than that we had a great time together as a family:)

We spent Saturday catching up on all the cleaning inside and out...YES, we can finally fit BOTH cars into the garage again!

Thomas was determined to get the trampoline up and almost did the whole thing himself. Matt came at the end to help, and discovered it was upside down! The great part was that I didn't have to do a thing!

As we were cleaning, I realized how great it is to have 3 kids that are old enough to really help out. Cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, weeding etc. goes by so much faster with 5 people working instead of just mom and dad doing all of the work!

It has been hard for me knowing that we aren't having any more kids...one of those times when we learn that our plans are not always the Lords plan. Matt has always reminded me that we have so many things to do in our future, like serving missions and serving in any other way that we can. We can do them a little earlier than planned. Even though I agree, my heart has always had a little ache wishing we had more. (I guess it's just a mom thing.)

Anyway, I do have to admit our kids are at such fun ages. We can do so many things that wouldn't be possible to do as a whole family if we had little ones. I have learned to stop mourning what kids we don't have, and enjoy every minute (well, MOST of the minutes!) of the 3 beautiful kids we do have. We have been so blessed and I am so grateful to be their mom. I have also learned that I need to trust in the Lords plan because, when all is said and done, His will be much better than mine could ever be!

I couldn't resist taking a few last pictures of our Spring Break on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. There really is a sun!

Tomorrow is supposed to be even better...maybe it will help ease the pain of going back to our old routine :)

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

You are so inspiring to me. You can just feel the love you have for your family. Your faith strengthens mind. I love you.

Melissa Durtschi said...

I have to admit, Spring Break was a much needed break. However, now I am wondering, wow, time to go back already. Am I ready? Not sure, but tomorrow is coming anyway right? Love your blog. Now subscribing to it so I can keep up with you family. Here is our address if you want to visit our blog:
davidandmelissawedding.blogspot.com

Hope all is well with your family! Love ya,
Melissa Durtschi

Angee said...

You are SO good at keeping the posts coming and current. Next time I'm wondering what to do, I'll just call you and ask what your plans are for the next week or so and I'll have a plethora of ideas.

I thought a surprise bday party was a fabulous way to wrap up SB. Jack is so much fun...

Amber said...

Spring break needs to be one week longer if you ask me! By the way, "Wednesday' on the birthday post was a typo. I meant Thursday for Pride and Prejudice. Heaps fun is in our Spring Break post that I haven't posted yet...even though Trisha's b-day was also on Spring Break. YOU were definitely a highlight! Thanks for coming! You made our week.

Great pictures! It is great to have kids that can pitch in with the work. Your kids are such great helpers. Love you!

Meg said...

I am SOOO glad that the weather is FINALLY looking up.. I am so much nicer in the sunshine!! hahaha

It made me teary the motherhood part. Mourning the kids that you can't have, I TOTALLY understand that and have realized the Lord is in the details of our lives and for some reason unknown to us at the time, it just hasn't turned out the way it should. Thanks for your faith and being "REAL" in your posts.
I love you dearly!

marilyn said...

I agree Jill thanks for being so real, your kids couldn't have a better mom or dad, Jac will probably have 10 kids and what a fun grandma you will be, quite a few years away but something to think about. Your kids are a great help thanks to their great teaching. you are good at always counting your blessings. love you