background

Friday, August 21, 2009

The first day of school

The kids had mixed emotions going back. Sad for summer to end but excited to see good friends. Emily was so excited until the night before.

"What if Mrs. Harris is mean?"
"She isn't, you have already met her."
"Yea, but what if she was just nice then."

She kept telling me she wanted to stay home for school, Thomas told her "Emily, you NEED to go to school so you can learn."
"I don't either, I can learn at home Thomas!" She is a very smart little girl!

When Emily came home she was VERY HYPER!! I am hoping she was just letting everything out after sitting so quietly for her teacher :) I asked her if she could hear in class and she said, "sometimes" This of course, worries me but she did say that she would tell her teacher when she couldn't hear. Hopefully this will get better.
She still doesn't want to go to school but I got a few comments that let me know she did have a good time.
Thomas was bummed he wasn't in the same class as his best friends but he enjoyed Mrs. Mangum. When he came home and told us the things she was saying in his best Mrs. Mangum's voice, we all had a good laugh! She LOVES sweats and loves to hand out candy any chance she gets. I challenged him to keep all the candy in a jar this year and see how much he gets.

Jacqueline enjoyed her 1st day of 8th grade and said it was weird not being the youngest anymore. She and Kenzi made tye-dye shirts so they could be twinners for the first day. They looked awesome. One of their teachers even called them "Duudes" so I told them their shirts were very fitting for his class.
As you can see, the kids had no problems leaving dear old mom! It wasn't as hard for me as I thought. I cried on the phone with Matt for a few minutes the day before; so I was good and strong sending them off. It was strange having so much time to myself. I stayed close by of course but I was very relieved when no phone call came :) Let's keep our fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Quarnbergs said...

OH MY WORD...... i cant belive she went to school, HOW COOL :) it makes me happy knowing things get better. we are going to a high school football gamr tonight and i am freaking out...lol miss you

Monica said...

They are so dang cute! I can't stand it! They are growing up way to fast! Give them all BIG hugs!!!

marilyn said...

I love the pictures, they all look so cute what lucky teachers that get them in their class. Hopefully this is a good year for Emily, we will pray hard!!!1

Amy said...

I love the picture of the girls, and I am so glad that you let Hailey come and play with Emily. Hailey has been so excited to finally be able to see her again. I hope that Emily is able to enjoy fully her dreadful learning:)
She was funny and made a comment to me like "I love school, just not the learning part, if we just didn't have to do that it would be better" I told her it would get better and that she would like it alot better later. It is called recess:)