background

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Weekend On Top of the World!

We woke up and started to drive up the canyon around 5:00. Kenzie, Ellie, and I had to peel our eyes open but we were energized with our 5 chocolate chips! We started the hike out with a potty break, but got on the trail around 6:00. We all kept our eyes out for the rabid deer. They are very ferocious you know. We were prepared though- we had our gas stored up. You see, it is very deadly. We never came upon a rabid deer, but we did come upon a rabid moose disguised as a rabid deer. If you ever go to Mt. Timpanogos, BeWArE!

Another note of caution: Don't use the actual toilet on the 'toilet trail'. Just use the toilet tree that is provided for you:)
The mountains are so beautiful! Especially when the light hits them just right.
I have never been on such a pretty hike before. As a family we can only go as far as the little dinky shrubs go. I've never seen so many wildflowers in my life! They brought so much color into the scenery.
It was a momentous day when we made it to the saddle! You could see the whole valley beneath you. You could sense the top was near, and it was exciting!
We climbed the Devil's Staircase, crossed the tumbling rocks, and ended up on the top! It felt like we were literally on top of the world!
We spent some time on the top and then started the trek back down. We decided that walking was overrated, so we ran most of it. We weren't tired at all:) ha-ha!

We had a blast on this hike! It sure pooped us out though. We all got a good sleep -Guaranteed!
~Jac

4 comments:

Monica said...

A girl after my own heart! I love hiking! We are actually going to 7falls for Labor Day! I wish we lived by each other to hike together---although I wouldn't be hiking at 5 in the morning! You are crazy but I love you! Thanks for sharing the pictures are beautiful! I love how you have so much fun as a family!

Amber said...

Beautiful! I've heard that Moose are actually quite dangerous. Glad you were armed with enough gas to keep you safe!! =)

Jolyn Buhrley said...

A moose? It was huge! Beautiful pictures-what a great day. Fun posts like this with Jac -make me really miss her! She is so much fun to hang with...and her friends are darling.

marilyn said...

I can relate you really do feel like you are on top of the world. I can't believe you ran down, you are amazing, last week a half marathon and the next climing Timp, I am glad I did it but I don't quite want to do it again, I'm very hurt you didn't invite your grandma you know how fast I am you probably knew you couln't keep up, when you get rested I just might have the energy to go one more time? maybe, love hearing from you Jac you are so fun and adorable and precious!!!!