background

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy BMT B-Day Emily

Today is Emily's BMT B-Day! It is so amazing to think that one whole year has passed! I have been reading blog entries from last year; and I am SO GLAD we are on this end of it! She has come so far, and been through so much. It has been amazing to see what a fighter she is! She is such a strong, determined and positive little girl. I know this is what has carried her through the last 7 1/2 years.

She looks and feels so good which is a true miracle! In fact, she has even been EATING! (without meds to make her hungry!) Ya Hoo! Talk about miracles :) We have also taken her off her ADHD medicine and so far, it is working! She is SO happy. I feel like we are seeing the TRUE EMILY!

Why is it finally working? The only thing we can attribute it to is that she is off IVIG which she has taken her entire life. All medicines have side effects. I really think this may be what was making her so out of control. If going off meds is the trick then we are SO GRATEFUL she can be off them. We are praying it will stay that way!

My heart is so full with gratitude for all of YOU! We seriously could not have made it through this year without your prayers, love and support shown in so many ways! THANK YOU!!!
The kids got to sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's house last night. With Matt in Africa, home was a very lonely place! Somehow I was able to manage :)

Grandpa called to tell me that Emily and Thomas were such sweet children; they let him win at Farkel. Jacqueline, on the other hand was NOT so sweet! Poor Grandpa :( After playing games Jac, Thomas and Grandpa put this puzzle together while Emily created many wonderful things with play-doh.

What a great way to celebrate Emily's "B-day" don't you think?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Monica said...

Yeah! I can't believe it is a year! Wow what a thing to celebrate!!!
Just think of what all has happened this last year. A true MIRACLE!!!

How fun to have a sleepover at Grandpa's and Grandma's! I am so thrilled to hear that Em is eating! I bet you are so happy and now she will start thriving!!! Although it sounds like she already is!!!

I tried to reach you today to see how the hair is doing! You are amazing---I love your adaptability and sense of humor.

I also vote you Number 1 blogger! You are amazing how you stay on top of it all girl! If I only had half of your discipline. I admire you and love you!

Amber said...

Happy BMT day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And happy eating! What a relief. And what a year.

Congratulations to you all!! Happy celebrating, Em! Love you!

Angee said...

I second the motion of #1 blogger. I'm so glad you could record this past year and share it with everyone. I know it has strengthened many.

Can't wait to see Em going at school...

marilyn said...

MIRACLE is the only word for it, how amazing looking at everything that has happened in her 7 years of life, how blessed we are to have our Emily!!!!!. Our sleepover was the greatest! love you

Jolyn Buhrley said...

This made my day-no my week reading this! I can't believe it's been a year! Although, in some ways with all you have gone through...it may seem like it's been much longer! Are hearts are rejoicing with you !! We love you!!
Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Oh, and what a special night at mom and dads!

P.s. I am still trying to get the running info for you! I listened to your message but I can't help thinking it would be good to add a couple days of easy 3-4 milers, even if it was just for this week. What do your "tapering" weeks look like? I will let you know what the "expert" says!