background

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BRACES!

Welcome to the world of BRACES!!! Jac has waited a very long time for this day to come, she has had the color of elastics picked out for months! Doesn't she look cute?

Now that it has finally arrived, I'm not so sure how excited she is...when we called her up for family scripture study and prayer I heard her scream, "I CAN'T COME RIGHT NOW!!" How rude! Don't you think? =)

About 15 minutes later she came up a very grossed out and frustrated girl who had to floss her teeth through all those wires! We couldn't help but laugh...of course not AT her but WITH her!

Dr. Swenson called leaving a message hoping she was doing OK. He finished his message PROMISING that it WILL GET BETTER!

For now, she is enjoying lots of SOFT foods and mourning the fact that she can't eat one of her very favorite foods...NUTS. The price we pay for beauty!...about that..PRICE...HOLY TOLEDO, maybe we should go live in a country where ugly teeth are the "in" thing. =)

I figure we are good on gifts for the next 10 or so years, don't you think?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Angee said...

No way. You can't consider braces a gift. :) But soft foods, there's the gift...

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Yes, cute she is!!! Mandi WANTS braces!!!????!!!! She thinks people look even cuter with them on!:) It will get better, I promise!! xoxoxoxoxo

marilyn said...

Yes Jac is beautiful and I am a very unpreducice however you spell it,judge, her beauty is in and out and the world better look out for miss Jacqueline Heaps" I will eat soft foods with you, grandpa and I are getting old so we will have plenty of soft foods for you. Love you!

Christy said...

Hang in there! It looks miserable but soon enough you will be showing your flashy grin. Cute girl getting cuter. Lucky!

Monica said...

I love your braces! What a cutie you are!!! You are growing up to be such a beautiful young women! If ever you need sympathy or any tricks to help with the pain ask the cousins----all four survived braces and have lived to tell with beautiful smiles! Love ya tons!!!

Christina said...

Just keep telling her...."Pain is Beauty!" I'm still telling myself that even at my age! :) Also, sometimes the best things come with pain!