background

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's

Things have been a little crazy at our house...(that will come in my next entry) Emily needed to stay away from our house for a few days while it's been a 'little' dusty.

Emily LOVES to be with her Grandma and Grandpa. I was so shocked when I told her she was going to sleep at their house and she wasn't jumping up and down for joy! Instead I was flooded with questions that she would ask me OVER and OVER for the next 4 days!
"Who will take care of me?"
"Grandma"
"Who will I talk to if I need something?"
"Grandma and Grandpa...or Jacqueline!"
"Who will take me potty in the night?"
"GRANDMA"
"What about Fluffy?" AKA-Leo
"He will come with you"

Get the picture? Friday came and Emily did fabulous! Jacqueline AND Leo slept with her and when she realized we had forgotten her CD player with primary songs to help her go to sleep, Jac saved the day letting her use her ipod (that she had to turn up SUPER high for her to hear!)

These pictures are ones that Emily took or asked to be taken of her so she could remember her special stay at Grandma and Grandpas!

Some of her highlights of course were LEO, watching Animal Planet--except when she watched a show about Mosquito's who suck your blood, give you diseases and could kill you! (Yes, I was actually the one with her this time but of course I wasn't paying attention to what she was watching.) Now, she isn't so sure about how much she Loves to watch this channel. She also loved playing Webkins, shopping for shoes...well that's a stretch, she went to one store and said she was done SO my Mom, determined woman that she is, was not going to stop until she found some shoes that Emily will actually wear. She bought a pair, brought them home for her to try on and when they didn't work went out AGAIN for another pair! I think it was more of a challenge for my mom more then wanting to "spoil" Emily. She wanted to solve her problem of not having any shoes that feel good on her feet! I am amazed with her patience because I gave up months ago! This would be why Emily wears croks everywhere she goes even when they REALLY CLASH!

ANYWAY...this was a great experience for Emily, another step in getting her back into life! We had no idea she would have so much anxiety over this but we are realizing that we are going to have to be very patient and take a lot of baby steps!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

marilyn said...

it was the greates for grandpa and me Emily keeps us quite entertained! We got to have Jac too which was very special, she is such a great sister, she knew of Emily's anxiety so she stayed too, I can't beleive sometimes how powerful and unconditional the love is in the Heaps family, it is truly amazing. We always look forward to the time we spend with them!!!!!! love you

Meg said...

Grandma's house sleepovers are always the best we always called it Grandma Camp!