background

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Temple openhouse

Emily took this picture of the Draper temple when we pulled up this morning at 8:00am! We really wanted to go to the open house as a family and the only way to do this safely was to go first thing in the morning.

It turned out to be PERFECT! We felt like we were on our own personal tour. We were the only ones up till the very end when about 10 people came in behind us. It was nice to take as long as we wanted in each room enjoying the beauty of the temple.

The only thing Emily hated were the Sunday shoes I made her wear....NOTHING fits her feet except her pink Croc's and I just couldn't let her wear them in the temple. Well, I probably should have since she ended up walking through with just her stocking feet because they hurt so bad! I am starting to wonder if her feet will ever be back to normal or if she is cursed with Great Grandma Whitings tender feet! AHHH(lets hope not!) =)

We took advantage of being in the Salt Lake area and went to visit Great Grandma Whiting in the rest home. As soon as she saw me she said, "Get Emily out of here! It isn't safe! My roommate has the Peruvian Flu(whatever that is) and everyone is sick around here!"

We felt bad but we gave Grandma a hug and told her how much we love and miss her. Emily was pretty scared when we got out but I told her she was just fine since we didn't touch anything and were there for 5 minutes tops!

We are looking forward to visiting Grandma when she gets to go home....hopefully for her sake, it will be soon! Isn't she so beautiful? Jolyn, your kids really did give you a compliment when they told you that you look like her!(of course, the much much younger version!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

marilyn said...

What a great opportuniy for you as a family to go to the temple open house. I know Grandma Pink was glad you thought of her, I bet Emily was scared. I can just see her little face with that worried look. I'm so glad you got to go as a family!

Coral said...

That is so great that Emily got to go to the openhouse. It is a beautiful temple!