background

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

our Home makeover continued!

After a week of very late nights and days of ignoring our kids we have MOST of our house put back together! Even though I stayed up till 2:00 am way too many times it has been so much fun to have a whole new house! Now, I am wondering how long it will take to do all the little odds and ends. Our goal it one week...we will see!

It's funny how a project always gets bigger as you go along. We realized we needed to paint which took forever but I think it makes all the difference! We also put on new baseboards. Matt felt VERY proud of himself after Kim Struthers taught him how to do it. Kim was impressed with how quickly he caught on. :) He loves to learn new skills!

We couldn't have done ANY of this without all the help from our wonderful family and neighbors who spent countless hours helping us tear everything out, and put things all back again. My Mom and Dad were so helpful with taking Emily to their house to keep her safe. I can't tell you how grateful we are for all the help we have received!

I asked Matt if it was hard to take the tile out of our front entry and he shrugged his shoulders saying, "I have no idea, I didn't even touch that area!" This shows how wonderful our help was.

Thanks everyone...we LOVE our 'new' home!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, Jill! It looks amazing! How beautiful are those floors!? It always makes me happy to see the kindness in a world with so many featured news shows of the bad! You guys have done a beautiful job!

Meg said...

Good job on everything!!! when can I come visit? Is there room on the couch for me too?

THE BESSE BUNCH said...

that looks amazing!!! i love it!! it changes the whole look of the house. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

marilyn said...

What good taste you have your choices all worked out so great, you sure deserved this great gift!