background

Monday, March 30, 2009

No more hairy arms!

I was finally able to convince Emily to shave her furry little arms. She wasn't wanting to do it at first but the promise of $2.00 won her over. She tells me she hates to count money in school...she just loves to spend it! Grandma, did you teach her this? ha ha

While I was shaving she told me it was a good thing because she hears kids laughing at her. I don't think they are laughing but I do know they are shocked and very curious when they see her! When we go to new places Emily gets lots of questions. I told her this was something we can fix...she doesn't HAVE to have hairy arms.

She kept saying, "I am going to miss my hairy arms, I like them, they are so comfy....but I don't like it when people laugh at me."

Maybe this should have been a great teaching moment on "Liking yourself and not worrying about what others think" I could have told her not to shave her arms because SHE loves them. BUT, I let my selfishness sneak in....I guess I am ready for my little girl to LOOK like my little girl again....

She still has hairy legs, she says when the weather gets warmer she will let me shave them. (Truth be told, she just doesn't want to sit forever!) Believe me, it took a very long time to cut through the forest on her arms. I had to cut it with scissors first and then it took 2 razors to get the job done! I think she earned her two dollars :) She even let me shave her uni brow...just a little!

So, maybe I wasn't the best mom to convince her to shave her arms, but I must admit they do look good. :)

Just 3 more months on the hairy medicine WA HOO. Her taper is going really well. The doctors are happy with how her body is handling things. Keep your fingers crossed!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lisa Hartle said...

Emily you are just a cuddly, darling girl! It was so fun seeing Emily at church yesterday. Kassi said that during the prayer Emily waved at her with a huge smile on her face-it made Kass's day! What a darling little girl you have there! We love you Ms Emily!

Rose said...

Yes, Em was anxious to show me her arms yesterday! She's cute, whichever way she looks! I'm loving that curly top!

Monica said...

I'm going to miss the hair! I love how comfortable she is in her own skin! Jill you've instilled such confidence and self worth.

Knowing you I bet it killed you to wait this long. It would be tempting to have them. Sounds kind of fun!

I'm sooooooooooooooo happy that she is doing so well! Yahoo! Love ya!!!

Unknown said...

They look so great!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

WAHOO is right!!! Em, you look so healthy! I LOVE that she felt comfortable being hairy for so long. She is such a great example to me! That being said.....I don't think there is anything "wrong" with you wanting to see if her arms were REALLY under all that hair!!! Not selfishness...NORMAL!!
love you

marilyn said...

Jill when you get ready to do her legs, I have a better way than sissors. We have some clippers which will easily fo through the hair with no pain nd very fast. Can you imagine a barber just using sissors? Well Emily you are beautiful, with or without the hair and Grandma and Grandpa love you. Surpised that I am senting a comment By the way this is Grandpa.Now the only problem is How do I post this comment? Well here Goes I hope you get it.

atonyclifton said...

Selfish mama alright...Most gals hate arm hair when they shouldn't. your gal loves her hair. She's one of a kind. I hope she keeps it when she's older.