background

Sunday, March 1, 2009

HOME!

Emily got to come home yesterday afternoon. The doctors aren't sure what is wrong yet but she doesn't have fevers etc. so why keep her? The only issue is tummy pain! This is caused by whatever her infection is and they are hoping the medicine she is on will take it away.

Emily was so excited to go home she could hardly stand it! She woke up at 6:00am saying, "I want to go home!"

By the time we were ready to leave her stomach pain was too much to ignore with the excitement of going home. They let us go telling us we may be back.

The pain hasn't gone away yet! It's been over 24 hours and she isn't looking too good. We keep putting a heat pad on it which helps a little but she isn't eating or drinking much which never helps when you need to get better.

The nurse explained that even though they haven't found anything exact, they can tell by her counts that she is really trying to fight whatever it is. When we have an infection it travels in clumps in our blood. When they take your blood they hope they are getting one of those clumps, otherwise nothing shows up even though clearly, something isn't right.

Grandma Whiting came to be with her while we went to church...Grandma always helps cheer her up. I am amazed at how tough this little girl is. She is in so much pain, lying on the couch but still manages a smile.WOW!

Now, I am just wondering when to call the doctors....I really don't want to go back!

I am praying we won't!

6 comments:

Rose said...

I love Grandma Whiting! She makes anybody's day brighter!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Oh, Jill, I am so sorry for your roller coaster. Your faith gives me such inspiration. You are in our prayers always. You will know what to do.

Meg said...

Man.. I had no idea till I stopped by Mom and Dad Whitings today and was told that Em is sick! I am available.. how can I help?! You know my number.. use it up!!

Love you my sweet Heaps Family...

marilyn said...

Its so fun being with Em, she is so brave and doesn't complain, she did'nt feel like getting off the couch and her eyes didn't look good. She told me that Leo wouldn't bite me because he loves Grandpa and anyone that lives with grandpa he won't bite. So that makes me safe, she is one funny little girl, I need my notebook and pencil when I am with her because I learn lots of valuable information. I always leave with a smile because she is sunshine even when she doesn't feel her best. love love you

Christy said...

Glad your home Emily! Keep getting better!

Coral said...

I'm so sorry that Emily has been sick! We will keep her in our prayers! (We always do) Let us know if you need any help. Please!