background

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Speech Fair

Emily has a Speech Fair once a year with the deaf and hearing impaired children in Utah County. Kids from 3 years old up to 18 years old come and perform for each other. It is such an amazing evening because you can see how far these kids have come from when they were toddlers trying so hard just to speak a few words for people to understand.

Emily was SOO excited to be a part of this special night. She got to pass out pom poms to people as they walked in. Everyone was so shocked to see her since they hadn't heard about her transplant. Emily had one friend from preschool, Kolby, who kept asking so many questions. He was so cute! You could see how much he loves Emily. He wanted to be by her every second and when he performed he looked right at her and waited for her to cheer for him!

So many kids asked me about her hairy arms which was funny to me because I forget she has them. Kolby even asked me if he could touch her arm. She had her arm resting on Matts arm and he said, "Look, she's like her Dad!" We got a good chuckle since Matt isn't what you'd call hairy at all!

When Emily went on stage she was able to perform without her mask and she did such an amazing job. She didn't act nervous at all! I was so proud of her.

Posted by Picasa


A Snowflake Fell

A snowflake fell into my hand

A tiny, fragile gem

A frosty crystal flowerlet

With petals, but no stem.

I wondered at the beauty

Of its intricate design,

I breathed, the snowflake vanished,

But for moments it was mine.

Take Me out of the Bathtub

Take me out of the bathtub

Take me out of the suds

I've been her soaking since half past two

I feel so sudsy and wrinkle-y too

Oh, I washed all over my bodyMy head, my toes in between

I used one, two, three bars of soap

Take me out...I'm clean!

4 comments:

Rose said...

AWESOME!!!

misha~sha-sha said...

I'm so glad I got to talk to you today...and that I found your blog! I have only been reading for an hour and a half and I think I'm almost caught up with the last few months of your life. You are a good blogger! Thanks for the update on Emily. I may borrow your bath tub song for preschool. So cute!

Meg said...

Em! You are such a great singer! You are so great at holding a tune.. sorry I misse it, but so glad I got to watch your video! I love you!

marilyn said...

Look out American Idol, here comes Emily J. Heaps. What an awesome performance, its amazing how she can sing when she can't hear. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!