background

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Emily goes to church!


I love Sundays because they make you stop all the crazy every other day things we do. I was especially grateful for last Sunday to have a chance to take a break from our chaos.

It was special for another reason too. Emily went to sacrament meeting for the first time 8 months! She wore her mask which was not very fun but I was SO proud of how brave she was. When Emily gets nervous she doesn't like to talk. She told me last night that she doesn't have to be afraid in our ward because everyone knows her. It is so nice to live in a place with such amazing people all around us...and so amazing that our daughter KNOWS that she won't get laughed at when she goes to church!

We wanted Emily to be at church because Matt received a new calling. He is the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. We wanted her to see it happen so when she officially comes back, she will understand why dad can't sit with us.

She wasn't happy about wearing her new shoes that Grandma found for her because they "hurt" but as soon as we promised she could take them off as soon as she sat on the bench she was willing to go.(Will we EVER find the perfect pair??)

It ended up being a really good experience. She even wanted to go to primary with her friend Cambry so I hesitantly let her. It only lasted about 5 minutes and she was done. (Who wants to sing with a mask on?) She told me it was good practice. :)

It was so wonderful to have her on my lap...all three of my kids sitting with me; it is funny the things you take for granted.

Matt is very excited to serve our ward...the ward who has given us so much. It's a way of being able to give back in some small way all that we have been given! I had to laugh last night after he got home from his first Tuesday meeting to see the "HOLY COW" look on his face! He said that he and Brother Spencer had NO idea how much the Bishopric does. He said, "Can I just tell you how glad I am that I am NOT the bishop!" I told him that I was too!

We were sitting in our basement the other night as we were thinking about all of our neighbors who helped us finish our basement a few years back...Emily said, "We can NEVER move from this house...it is too special! Our house has been built by so many selfless, kind, and giving people. Emily is right...our house is too special to ever move. :)

I am sorry if you don't live in a ward like this, I don't mean to make anyone feel bad but I can honestly say our ward is amazing. Everyone is so wonderful! We couldn't have made it through the last 7 years without their support. THANK YOU! (Even our "2nd" ward next to us has shown us amazing support. What can I say, we live in the perfect place!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Deni said...

Emily looks beautiful!

Congratulations to Matt too. That is one calling I wouldn't mind if Brett NEVER had!

Matt will get to work with the primary. That will be fun for him.

You're a great family. Wish we had you in our ward....or maybe I wish we were in yours :).

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

Em! You Look BEAUTIFUL, my little princess!!! I'm so glad you got to go to church. You are so amazing. I miss you. Your smile always brightens my day missy!

Christina said...

I love your dress Emily! Is it new? You look amazing. What a fun day for you guys! I love you!

marilyn said...

What a special day, and how I look forward to the day when Em can go every Sunday, it will come. We are so proud of Matt he will serve with with all his heart like he always will whatever he serves in, I agree you are in a wonderful world they have truly been angels serving and blessing my precious Heaps family. We feel so at home whenever we visit your ward.

Meg said...

Em! I am SOO glad that you could gp be with your family on such a special day! I love you all. I am SOOO glad that your ward gets the blessing of Matt in the Bishoprich! He is awesome and will add so much! I agree your ward is AMAZING!