background

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update on Tummy aches

We spent all day at Primarys today! It was LOVELY!!!

I was going to bring Emily in yesterday but when she woke up she felt great. She didn't have one tummy ache all day! She complained about her throat a few times but that was it.

We went up to see her Ear Nose and Throat Dr. to check her ears and throat. He took a strep test just in case this might be causing the tummy aches but it came out negative.

We ended up doing our clinic day since we were up there anyway which was nice but very long with IVIG and potassium given for 2 hours.

Emily's counts are good and we are thinking that with time the tummy aches, pain in her throat and hurting eyes(probably dry from meds) will go away.

Ironically, Emily's stomach didn't hurt all day at the hospital until we came home! I was so frustrated! This is where my weaknesses show big time. I HATE not knowing how to help her. I HATE not knowing what is wrong!!!! Matt thinks I am overreacting(no he didn't say this in so many words but I can tell!)

SO....we are going to practice PATIENCE and just wait this one out. I am sure everything will take care of itself! Someday I will learn this lesson =)

4 comments:

Janine said...

Jill, Every mother on the planet feels that way. Here I am a nurse and still don't know what to do for my kids when they are sick and many times don't know what is wrong. Now times that by 500% because of all of Emily's health issues and you have a very normal Jill. Don't beat yourself up over that. Heavenly Father made us that way. We are nurturers and want to take care of our children and don't want to overlook something that may potentially be a problem. Totally normal and a gift from above. You are a great mom! Keep caring, it's a blessing! Always follow your gut, even if you or others feel like you are "over reacting". (Sorry Matt):)

Rose said...

This too shall pass! ;)
Promise!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I ditto both of the above comments!!!!!! How could you be any different? You are such a blessing to your family. I wish I could lift some of the heaviness from your shoulders. I love you. Be GOOD to yourself, you are AMAZING!!!

Amber said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto. You ARE amazing!!!