background

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cake for breakfast?

Thomas decided last night that he wanted to help make his friend Matthew's 10th birthday extra special. He baked a cake (ALL BY HIMSELF!) and shaped it into a sword. It looked really great!

6:00 am this morning...during a blizzard, yes, a blizzard! Thomas and Scott braved the freezing wind and snow and kidnapped Matthew. They brought him to our house with a pillowcase over his head. They were pretty bummed when they got to his house to wake him up but he had already been awake since 4:00! (Birthdays are way too much fun to sleep through don't you think?)

After eating a piece of cake (aren't I the best mom?) they headed back over to Matts house for some REAL breakfast.

Thomas came home very happy saying, "That was a great way to start off the day!"

I was very impressed that he went to all that work....he does have great friends!

I do feel bad for Mrs. Rivera because she is getting three boys who are full of sugar! Hopefully they won't be too crazy! Maybe it will help them stay warm in this CRAZY weather...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

Seriously. This cake is the coolest cake I've ever seen!! Thomas! I want to pay you to make my cake for my 21st birthday when I'm in Utah!! I would rather have you make it then any cake place:) I love you guys! :) Can't wait to live by you!!!

marilyn said...

Thomas always makes life fun, he is a great friend! Awesome cake!!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Where do I start? I had so much fun catching up on the Heaps family! I leave for a week and look at all I missed!!! I love the fun b-day breakfast memorie, so proud of all Jac's hard work and discipline, thrilled that Em went to church, "wowed" by the speach fair, and last but not least......YAHOO, I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!! I can't wait to see it in person!! XOXOXOXO

Angie said...

Thomas you are a great friend! We love you!