background

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Clinic Update

Emily couldn't wait to go to the hospital today. "It's the long day! I get to order food, watch movies and stay a really long time!" ..."When is it time to go??"

She moped around the house until it was FINALLY time...WOW, 10:00 came very slowly today!

Emily is doing FANTASTIC! She weighed in at 19.2 kilograms, her white count was 5300, and her ANC was 32oo. These are all up from last time! YA HOO!!

I had to put Emily back on the appetite enhancing medicine last week because she wasn't eating. She has had tummy aches every day since then so they told me that I could take her off. The nurse said there was another med we could try (yes, the one with meth in it) I told her NO WAY!

For now, the medicine will take a while to get out of her system so I figure we have about a month before they start stressing about her weight again. I think I will enjoy the time :) Hey, maybe Emily will surprise us all and keep eating...I'll keep you posted!

Overall Emily had a great day ordering watermelon, grapes, cucumbers, carrots pancakes and frozen yogurt; all of which she ate about 2 bites of ! Let's just say I enjoyed her leftovers :) Watching movies, and having a visit from a Yorkie therapy dog made for a great clinic day at the hospital!

We are going to experiment with lowering her daily IV med which means 2 hours a day instead of 3. We will test her Magnesium level next time and hopefully she will handle it fine.

It is so great to be going in this direction and to see her doing so well.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Yeah! I love good clinic visit updates!

Monica said...

What good news! She truly is a Miracle! What a blessing! We are so happy! Love you all TONS!!!

marilyn said...

Way to go this makes my week, I'm soooooo happy, I'm so proud of you Jill that you don't let the roller coaster ride get to you. I like the good news and lose sleep over the bad news, but I am getting better. I'm glad you so no to the medicine with meth in it what in the world are they thinking. Anyway Jill good job, what a great mother and daughter too love you