background

Sunday, March 8, 2009

My fishies!


Jacqueline and Thomas had a swim meet last week in Provo and this weekend in Bountiful. Matt got to go to both! Yes, I feel very left out! They are doing such a great job! Both of them improved times(Thomas took 11 seconds off one event!) and tried new events(Jac swam a 500 freestyle which is 20 laps, and Thomas did his first 100 IM!) Matt forgot to take pictures but he did get some great footage of their races which were really fun to watch! Maybe SOMEDAY they will be able to pass their mom up! Ha Ha

On Friday when I picked Jac up from school I could tell something was bothering her. Through tears she expressed how she wished the WHOLE family could come to the meets. If anyone thinks when someone is sick in the family it only affects them, they are sorely mistaken! My heart breaks every time I miss one of Jac and Thomas' meets, games etc.

We have always been a family who tries to go to everything as a family. This hasn't always been exciting for the siblings not involved but they all get their turns. (We figure this is one of the bonuses of having only 3 kids...much easier to drag 3 kids around then 5 or six! )

Obviously, Emily's condition has changed things a bit and we have had to learn to be "flexible". Unfortunately this often means only one parent gets to go to things. I am grateful that our kids miss having us all together. It meant a lot to me to know that Jac wanted me there.
For now, I am grateful for video clips, cell phones for updates and pictures to help relive these fun moments!

Just keep swimming...Just keep swimming....
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Amber said...

You have been flexible and so good to make the best of a difficult situation. Congrats to Jaqueline and Thomas!! I've always admired people that can swim like that. You are appreciate every moment of being out and about together when this trial lets up.I am really inspired how your whole family pulls together. Love you guys!

Angee said...

I think you have done a fantastic job at being "flexible" and making some while letting the other parent make some. If you want, I would be happy to babysit Em (at your house of course - I could never get this place ready) if you and Matt want to hit a meet. It's not the whole family, but it would be a nice date...

Meg said...

I would ALWAYS be willing to sit with the EM if that would make my sweet Jac feel a little better! I love you all and love the unity that you have acheived in your fam!
Love you!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I am not comparing my situation to yours at all....however, my friend Kristi always gives me good perspective on things like this..without feeling guilt!! Her youngest child, (of 6,) is a little older then Mac. There is no way she could have, (or can we,) attend every childs events all together. It's a VERY,VERY rare thing if we do. She has shown me you can ALL show support and encouragement in other ways. I can't even imagine the other dynamics involved with having a sick child. However, I do know you. Your children know without a doubt you love them and want to be there for them. Your love and support is so evident. Your children are loving and have such geat relationships with eachother.

Time and a season for all things. This too will pass.

Monica said...

I love these fish! They take after me since I love swimming! It is such an awesome sport! You truly amaze me at all of the opportunities you and Matt provide for your children. You would never know by looking at all the experiences you have as a family that you have a child with who has special needs! You are my hero!
Tell Emily, "Papie likes!!!" We quote that all the time! Did she like Beverly Hills Chiwawa? WE SURE LOVE YOU ALL! XOXOXOXOX

Angie said...

Way to go Thomas and Jackie! You guys have done an amazing job juggling everything in your life. I watch in awe. Hey let me know next time there is a swim meet and we would love to have Emily come play! We love ya!

marilyn said...

Jill your kids have the greatest mom and dad they could have and they do know that, you always try your best, and that is all we can do, your kids lives and example is your greatest gift and comfort knowing how strong and amazing they truly are. When ever I start thinking what I haven't accomplished I just have to look at each one of my kids and I know that being a mother is the greatest blessing, each one of you have done better than dad and I could have ever dreamed of doing, our grandchildren are each so amazing and unique and strong and loving, I could go on forever! It would have broke my heart to see Jac sad, I wish we could have been there. Remember you are the BEST!!!!