background

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Clinic day


Emily told EVERYONE who walked in her room today "It's my birthday tomorrow!" She has told us about a hundred times(NO JOKE) that she is going to be 7 tomorrow!

The nurses were SO AWESOME!!! They brought her all of these gifts and a crew of about 8 people to sing 'Happy Birthday'. Emily was all smiles as she opened the gifts. She LOVED them all. I'm not sure I can compete with all the gifts she got today:)! It was a great way to pass the time as she got her IVIG. This always makes for a very long visit. Emily doesn't mind though because she gets to order food and watch movies...It makes it fun since it's only every 4-6 weeks.

Emily had a great check-up (I LOVE saying that!) Her ANC (absolute nutrifil count)went from 1700 two weeks ago, up to 2200; and her WBC (white blood count)went from 3200 up to 3900!!! She also went from 16.9 kilograms up to 17.4 this week! The doctors are so happy with her progress. She is right on target. The main thing to do now is just watch her counts closely and make sure she doesn't start rejecting.

I asked if we were out of the 'worry' stage and they told me not yet. Actually, she will be in this stage for about 8 more months. Dr. Boyer reminded me that if Emily does have some set backs during this time it isn't a big deal; it is actually very normal. It is nice to have her doing so well though! I had a friend call tonight telling me her kids are sick AGAIN. She asked me how we stay so well. I have to give credit where credit is due and that is from our Father in Heaven! We have all been so healthy(knock on wood!) It is such a blessing because we want to keep Emily HOME! She won't even take her mask off in the parking lot until she gets into the van "Just in case someone around here is sick mom" She is so aware and so careful because she does NOT want to have to go back.

I have decided to take her off her appetite enhancing medicine. Today was her first day and she had a great eating day. Let's keep out fingers crossed. I just hate having her on stuff that she doesn't really need. I want her body to have a chance to do things on it's own.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amber said...

That is great news! It is going to be a happy day when all of this is in the past.

We are crossing our fingers to all be well so we can be with you when Buhrley's are here!

Christina said...

Jill, you guys are truly amazing! I always love reading your posts! You are always so positive and have the cutest pictures! I'm glad Emily had a great birthday and that she is doing well. It truly is a miracle that you guys all stay well. Savannah and I have basically been off and on sick for the last 4 weeks. (More on than off!) I'm glad you are so blest! I will take your guys' sickness for you any day in order to keep her home! :)