background

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jac and friends at Skyline swim meet


This is VERY typical of what swim meets are like for Jacqueline, friends, swimming, acting crazy,swimming, making crazy commercials, and more..... swimming! It makes for a very fun and exciting weekend.

She didn't do as well as she was hoping for, but we are talking about 'miss perfectionist' here.
(we think she did great!)

She just turned 13 which puts her in an older age group. She is now the youngest which makes it more of a challenge. If anyone knows Jac, you know she is definitely up for it! She is one of the most dedicated and disciplined people I have ever known.

She has even given up her Monday babysitting job for the next 6 weeks so she can get one more day of practice in each week before State.

Jac has also been working out with me in the mornings doing a weight program for more strength and endurance. She is getting very strong and her arms are all muscle...I have the same muscles but for some reason it doesn't show, I WONDER why???? Maybe if I was as disciplined with my eating....hmmm....

Posted by Picasa

Here is our "Goggle Gal" at her best!

5 comments:

marilyn said...

Jac, it is a gift a rare gift you have to enjoy the moment, even though you are such a perfectionist. It is a great quality, that is one of many reasons people love being around you. We are so proud of the great job you are doing, you work so hard and it shows. Way to go CHAMP!

Monica said...

I love these pictures! It is so typical of that age. That is one of my very favorite ages! They have so much fun socializing at that age. Jaqueline looks like she is a social bug like all four of ours! I am so proud of her and her discipline---she takes after her mom!

Amber said...

Love you, Jac! You'll do well! I can't wait to hear all about it. I love your smile, laugh and sense of humor. =D

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I didn't actually see any SWIMMING!!?????!!!:):) BUT order me some of the BLUE, FAST goggles!! Do you think they will really help me swim like you?!?

You are sooooo much fun. I smile just thinking of you!

Hard work will ALWAYS pay off!! You are so strong. Do you want to have an arm wrestle? :) I don't blame you if your a little scared of me.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I just read my comment-did that last paragraph sound like grandma or what?! Oh, my- I guess i am her daughter!:) xoxoxoxo