background

Friday, January 23, 2009

Wade and Monica come to Utah

Monica came with Wade on his business trip so she could play with us for the day! We enjoyed every minute! When Wade was talking he gave his toothless grin and it hit me, That's where Emily got it! They look exactly alike!
Dinner at Rumbi's was quite the treat! Everyone had a great time trying to use their chopsticks and actually get the food into their mouths in the process!

Being at a restaurant made Emily VERY nervous... She wouldn't eat anything because she was afraid she might get sick. We told her that we wouldn't let her go somewhere that would make her sick. She replied, "Well, you might forget." This little girl really takes being clean and healthy seriously, too seriously sometimes! (What 7 year old doesn't trust her parents?) It is going to take Lot's of baby steps to get her comfortable, which just goes to show you just how much she wants to stay OUT of the hospital!
Monica treated me and Amber to a 'cooking class' (is that what it was??) We now have two hours of memories that will be hard to forget! It was a great learning experience and Lot's of fun! Hopefully, we can be much better at making healthy meals for our families. But that means I actually have to cook for them!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

I still love the stories of the cooking class - minus the cooking! That's a crack-up! I seriously can't get over how much all of you Whitings look alike - and that's a compliment! The funny thing is that, Jill, you look just like your mom, and your brother looks just like your dad - but then you guys look alike! That was a mouthful! What a fun family! I'm glad you guys got to visit finally!

joslyn marie said...

How fun! I missed out!! Emily's and my dad's same smile made me laugh! You guys are so adorable. We miss you!

Monica said...

That was such a fun day! Since my word for 2009 is Laughter that cooking class met my quota for January. If I wasn't laughing out loud I was laughing inside! You are so fun to be with! I love you sis! I love the pictures because it captured the laughter inside it was waiting to burst out!

marilyn said...

What beautiful fun girls I have, believe me I don't take any of you for granted, I love you it makes me laugh with joy seeing you have so much fun, even though I was slaving away at work. I'm waiting for some of the "healthy meals"