background

Friday, January 9, 2009

Emily's birthday party


Emily is turning 7 years old on the 14th! She decided to have a "late night" party with three of her best friends. (yes, she would have LOVED to have had ALL of her friends but mom wasn't quite up for the challenge!)

It was a "FISHY" party full of fishy games like "Nemo, Nemo,...DORI" (Duck, duck..goose), a fishing pond, decorating fish cookies, eating yummy fishy cupcakes(thanks Leesa!), Oh yea, they also had pizza, ice cream and fishy crackers... a very well balanced meal don't you think? Aren't I a great hostess?

I love these kids! They are so easy to please. After watching some "Finding Nemo" we ended the night making snowflakes...They think I am very talented! (of course, there were no others to compare them to...good thing they haven't seen what good ones can really look like!)---let's keep it our little secret!

I am so glad Emily was able to celebrate with Cambry, Mia, and Kaleb. They have been such a great support to her during the past 6 months. She knows they love her no matter what! Even though she looks different and may not have the energy that she used to...they have been so patient and understanding. On days that she isn't up for playing, she often gets a call from them to see how she is doing. It is so fun to listen to them talk and play with eachother! It is amazing to me that even at this young age, Emily has been blessed with such sweet and wonderful friendships. True friends really do help you get through rough times...another tender mercy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

marilyn said...

Great party, I love Emily's friends too, and am so thankful for them. I know how excited she was for this party. What a great mom she has to have such a fun party.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

FUN!! What a cute idea, I love the cupcakes! Wanna here something gross....I LOVE fishy crackers! Especially the extra cheddar ones!!

Cute picures,cute party,cute friends,cute birthday girl, and way cute mom.

Oh, and did I say I thought this post was cute?
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo