background

Monday, January 26, 2009

Clinic visit


For the last 2 months we have been keeping Costco food court in business with all the cheese pizza we buy. I even had a worker hand me a magnet with their phone number telling me to call ahead next time! Jac and Thomas won't even eat it because they are so sick of it. According to Emily, Costco pizza is much better than mom's homemade...oh well, more for us right?
Cucumbers have been a favorite of Emily's since she was just a little toddler; as long as she has lot's of ranch to go with it!

We went up to Primary's for our 2 week check-up today. Emily is continuing to do wonderful! With a breakfast of oatmeal and nachos(another favorite), she weighed in at 17.5 kilograms today UP from 17.4 two weeks ago. The doctors were pleased that she is 'gaining' so I decided we are happy with this too!
Emily's WBC is 2.7 (3.9 last time) and her ANC is 1.1 (2.2 last time) I asked if this was something to be concerned about and they said "Nope" so, once again, I am not going to worry about it either!
Overall they are very pleased with her progress. It is really nice to have 'boring' check-ups like these...let's keep them coming!

I guess I'll go make dinner...hmmm...Costco pizza anyone?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

joslyn marie said...

haha! thats so cute . i miss emily so bad. and you guys!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are praying for BORING check-ups!!!!!

Maybe Costco will want Em as their next spokesperson!!! Then maybe you could get us all free memberships-(we are family you know.) Tell Emily we have a costco up here....as soon as she gets the thumbs up for a vacation. The Boise Coscto pizza is THE BEST!!
We LOVE you!

Monica said...

Yeah!!! Jill you are amazing mom how you bend over backwards to find foods Emily likes! I know that has to be so hard! I'm so glad that she is doing so well! I was a little worried after I left! I'm glad she is becoming herself again! Give her extra hugs and kisses from me today! Also tell her Jake's favorite food is cucumbers also!
Love and miss you all!

I could never find the Paco webkin---if you find one get one and I'll pay you back

Amber said...

Hooray for good news. We'll be praying for more great check ups! Love you, Em!

marilyn said...

Those pictures of Emily are adorable, I too am relieved she had a good check up, because last week she didn't feel as good, its good that the doctor told you its normal because of the medicine for food to not taste good. I agree with Jolyn maybe Costco will use her as their "poster Child" and you get free pizza for a year, put the bug in their ear, maybe I better do it for you since you are so shy. Anyway we will keep prayin g for boring checkups! love you

Rose said...

All she wanted to eat for me was ice cream! The "mom" in me insisted she eat something with "nutritional value" before we break out the ice cream. I keep my freezer stocked with ice cream because my boys are so skinny, I let them eat as much as they want so I can put some meat on their bones!

Angie said...

Good Choices. We love pizza too! Love Cambry and Mia