background

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

7th Day of Chemo & 1st Day of ATG




Today has definately been the hardest one so far! Emily recieved ATG Rabbit serum and an hour into the 8 hour infusion she started crying so hard that her head hurt so bad. They brought in some medication to help. She was able to sleep for a little while but woke up with a super high fever and her heart rate was so high! She threw up when we gave her tylenol for the fever. It was so hard to watch our little girl in so much pain! They gave her a little break from the ATG, hoping to get her fever under control and nausea ect. They have also slowed the infusion to go in over 12 hours instead of 8. She finally woke up enough around 4:00 and wanted to color. She can barely hold the marker for 2 seconds then falls back to sleep. She wanted to play with her poly pocket that Thomas gave her and all she could do was hold it in her hand.
When Matt had to go back to work she started to cry with big tears running down her cheeks. Saying, "It isn't fair that mom gets to spend so many nights and you don't." (We know who her favorite is!) She then asked if Thomas and Jac were coming and said,"I just want to be with my family, I just want to be home." She also kept talking about Leo...Many who know me know that I am not a dog person, but I must admit getting Leo has been really good for our kids!
Emily kept asking who was going to visit today so The Wests, the Struthers and Grandpa Whiting came by to say hello. Emily awoke just long enough to say "Hi" and give a little smile but couldn't do more than that. I know it may have seemed pointless to them to come all that way to stay for only a few minutes but it really does make a difference to my little Emily! Thank you!!! It is 12:00am and she is still fevering and miserable. We have a long night ahead.
-Jill

3 comments:

Ging said...

Breaks my heart!!!!!!! I love you guys so much. Be brave for Emi. Give her our love!

Meg said...

Wow that is a real change... I bet that is so hard for you to see that... that was even hard for me to read that. Poor Emily to be in so much pain. I guess you have to have the hard to get to the sweet. I am praying so hard for all of you. How can I help? Love you

The Johnson J's!! said...

Jill, this is Jamie Morrow... i was in your ward growing up. I got your blog info after reading Megan Gazaway's tribute to your little Emily and your amazing Jac! First off, I am so happy to see you and read about your family. You look great and just as I remember. Watching the video of Emily jumping, and hearing your voice was great... you still sound the same as well. Second, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. You are an amazing family and have been put through trials that are unimaginable. You truely are amazing people, and I just well up with tears everytime I read your updates. I have told my mom about you and your family, and she too sends her love. I just had to say hi, and tell you that you are in our prayers!