background

Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 3


If you can tell by the picture Emily is VERY red and puffy. The worst part is that she is VERY itchy too! She didn't fall asleep until 5:00 am this morning. Lets just say it was a very long night. When the nurse came in at 7:30 to get her up to weigh her, I put my foot down and said "No Way! I am usually very nice about these things but I don't want anyone to wake her up now!" They quickly agreed and let her sleep. We think we have the itching under better control with meds and some special cream that we put all over her body. She is asleep right now and I am praying it stays that way.
Emily got to spend the day with Grandpa Heaps while I went home to suprise Jacqueline and Thomas on their first day of school. I just had to be there with our traditional cookies waiting for them when they walked in!
Emily told me how she and Grandpa played dominoes and watched movies. She had a wonderful time! Thanks Grandpa!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Oh our dear Emily. Her face looks so red. I wish there was something that I could do for her. I will pray harder that her itchy's will go away! So glad you were able to be there for the others today.... I am sure that meant the world to them! Love you all

Wade Whiting said...

Emily, even with a red face you are as beautiful as an angel! We love you so much. We had family home evening last night and made you and Jacqueline cards that we will give to Aunt Amber this weekend. Love you..Uncle Wade