background

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 5


Did you know that animal planet has shows on all night long? Emily and I found this out last night as she was, yes, you guessed it ITCHY! As I was laying with her at 1:30 am I started to laugh so hard. The nurse and Emily thought I had lost it! (which isn't far from the truth).

As we all know, prayers are answered in many different ways; About 12:00am Emily asked if we could have another prayer;it didn't work like the night before...so I figured there must be a reason we were still awake...something we needed to learn. Maybe lots of patience? (This has always been a weakness of mine.) The nurse suggested cold packs so thats what we did; she had 5 cold packs placed all over her body. We lay together in her freezing bed watching animal planet, which was a nice distraction, even though she was very upset when she realized that animals eat other animals to survive. Ha ha!Emily finally relaxed enough to sleep around 3:00am.

I am sure this itchy problem will be over by Friday because Matt is coming. He has the magic touch! The nurses even make up his bed for him when he comes! I am positive Emily won't be waking him up. Or maybe the nurses will take care of everything because they know "he needs his sleep"(as his mom used to always say!) He deserves to be spoiled from someone since I am not so good in this area. Ha ha.


We had a nice day full of reading books, hospital bingo,coloring, and painting. She enjoys going through all the fun coloring and activity books she has been given.They help really help pass the time. It's amazing that even when she isn't feeling well, she can still find the energy to color!

1 comment:

Meg said...

That crate looks like SOO much fun! I wanna come and see you and play with you! SOOO fun!