background

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 12 GREAT NEWS






Yesterday Emily's counts were at zero. Today her ANC(absolute nutrifil count)was 400!! This is very exciting because this count needs to be above 500 for 2 days for her to go home! The doctors were shocked that the Nupigen took so well! They said it must have been a "super dose". I can't believe how great she has done through all of this. I keep reminding myself it is not over but the thought of going home and starting that new chapter is so exciting! It is possible this count will go down again tomorrow but most likely with the Nupigen is should be at or above 500. We have been hearing different opinions on what this means with going home but if she continues to have no problems it looks like next week or even this weekend. This actually stresses me out because the house is not ready and the carpets have to be cleaned at least 3 days before she comes home!
Jessica Madsen came and played with Emily tonight so Matt and I could go to the Temple. It was amazing. I haven't been to a live session for about 10 years. It was so beautiful. I have to admit I had a hard time turning off my brain; I kept thinking about all the things I need to do to have the house ready. Of course my sweet husband filled me in on all the new things he learned tonight. He is so close to the spirit. I love learning from him!It felt so good to be together in the celestial room. We feel so much peace and comfort that everything is going to be OK.

The Johnsons and the Jones come up this morning just in time to play hospital bingo. They had a great time and all of them won a prize!
Julie and Amy Carlson came to play too. Amy and Emily played Webkinz together and then Emily played it with katie West over the phone. Isn't the Internet amazing?
Last but definitely not least, Uncle Wade flew in from Arizona and surprised Emily with so many fun gifts and he even did magic tricks!(She kept trying to get me to create more bunnies Wade!) They gave Emily a beautiful princess dress and Aunt Monica made a gorgeous necklace. Emily felt so beautiful! She wouldn't take it off until Matt spilled milk all over it. I had to promise I would wash it tonight so she can wear it tomorrow!
Wade not only spoiled Emily but took Jacqueline and Thomas to the Cheesecake Factory. They had such a great time! They even ate Octopus and liked it! Thanks Wade!
Wish us luck with the counts tomorrow!!!
-Jill

3 comments:

Meg said...

What a sweet day! I am so glad that Wade was able to spend time with the kids! That is precious!
Emily, you look positively AMAZING in your new dress-up and your necklace is the CUTEST! (way to go MONICA) What a dream if Em gets to come home this weekend (WHAT A MIRACLE!) Let me know how I can help! Love you.. and PRAYING FOR YOU!

Christy said...

What an exciting day! I am happy to be the cleaning crew. (Or go sit at your house while carpet cleaners come in...) I'll call you later!! Yeah for Happy Days!!

(Emily: we LOVE your pink hat at our house!)

Ging said...

Wade is great for cheering anyone up! Just love that guy. Wow, a Monica necklace....I'm jealous! Glad things are going so well. She probably won't be in the hospital when we come, that's great!