background

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 11



Emily enjoyed wearing her princess crown and painting her jewelry box today. It never ceases to amaze me that I have never heard the words "I'm bored" come out of her mouth! She keeps herself very busy with all of her coloring, painting, making clay creations, etc. etc. etc!

When it came time to do some school work she wasn't so cooperative! I am going to have to learn some better skills on how to motivate her.I tried to do the love and logic thing and act like I didn't care. (This is harder than it sounds! It was driving me crazy!) I told her it was fine if she didn't want to do school. She could choose, but there would be no TV or coloring until she did. She was pouting on her bed and people kept walking in wondering if she wasn't feeling well. I laughed and said "She is just fine she just doesn't want to do school for sooo long!" (A whole 30 minutes!)I kept telling her that if she were in school with her friends she would be there all day! I was very glad when Daddy came in and saved the day. It's always fun to do things with Dad!

The doctors started Emily on Nupigen today. It is a drug that is supposed to help boost her immune system into action. They haven't seen any activity so they are hoping this will do the trick. We are so happy she is feeling so well. The doctors are saying she is doing fantastic.
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers on her behalf. We love you all!
-Jill

4 comments:

Ging said...

What a little trooper. That was a great pix of Lynn and Marilyn! Monica, I want that necklace! Love you, Emily!

Jayna said...

Jill,
Jessica passed along your blog, I hope that's okay. Your family is beautiful and what an amazing little girl you have! I can't believe what a great attitude she has. You're in our thoughts and prayers and please let me know if there is any way I can ever help.

Jennifer said...

Hey Jill! This is Jen (Val's daughter). I am so relieved Emily is doing so well. What a sweet spirit she is! I just love reading your posts-they give me a spiritual lift for the day! You're little family is so special!

Elder Logan Cottle said...

I am so moved by this blog. I want to be involved some way. I love her and love you so much. I now have grown to know and love Jackie so much being able to serve in Young Women's with her. Please know I am praying for Emily and thinking of your family often.

Camille