background

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

8th Day of Chemo and 2nd Day ATG





Today was a very quiet day which has been a blessing! The doctors were ready and armed with steroids, pain killers, and nausea medication. She has been wiped out! Matt and Thomas came to see her and she can't remember them being here,(But I do!!! What a treat!). Grandma and Grandpa Whiting came up and got a few minutes with her when she was awake and gave a little smile.
Emily was alert this morning from about 8:00 to 1:00. She was very weak but got excited when she got to play hospital bingo. I helped her cross the pictures off and just when I thought she was asleep she said "Mom, I got bingo..call them!" It is amazing how little things like bingo can lift your spirits!
Just one more day of this and hopefully we will have more of our little Emily back.
Thank you everyone for all your support and prayers--The support we feel from all of you is so amazing! We love you all.
-Jill

3 comments:

Meg said...

Those pictures are precious... I am glad she is at least sleeping and not awake in so much pain. Thank you for documenting all this.. It makes it easier on us that aren't there everyday to feel peace about what is going on with our dear Em.
Remember, I am just a phone call away! Love you all!

Rose said...

What meg said! BTW: This is the Chemo song that Emily and I sing:

Chemo makes me sick!
I don't like it a bit!
But I don't care!
Cause God's always there...and...
I am a child of God
and He has sent me here
Has given me an earthly home
with Parents kind and dear!

When I visited Emily I told her she wouldn't get her bead if she didn't sing with me. She sang her little heart out!

Our primary lesson was about sharing. Thanks for sharing this time and experience with us.

God Bless

Sis. Holladay

Ging said...

Wow, Emi gets more amazing to me every day. What a strong little spirit. Hope things get better for all of you guys. You have a lot of love and support from so many people that love you! Tell Em hi from Aunt Ginger.