background

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Introducing...Emilys new "Do"!!!!

Last night we were about to go to bed when Emily put her hand through her hair...She came out with a bunch of it in her hand! She thought this was very funny so she kept doing it till she had a big pile of hair all over her bed! Emily has known she was going to lose her hair so she wasn't suprised. In fact she has been very worried that people will laugh at her. Instead of being sad about losing her hair she decided to make it a fun and memorable event!
After pulling it out for a while on her own, we realized if we didn't shave it off she would have hair all over her bed and this would make her even more itchy! When nurse Natalie came in with the razor she was nervous because it was so loud. She was so brave and watched in the mirror as she did it the whole time. It was so cute to watch her smiling face...it melted my heart to watch her have such an amazing attitude.(I had to go out in the hall and do a little cry myself!I guess it's a mom thing.)

Emily danced around and we did a little fashion show with all of her darling hats that people have given her. She feels so beautiful.I just wanted to grab her and hug her forever!


Emily does worry that people might think she is a boy. Wearing pink won't be good enough, "Because some boys wear pink mom!" So she decided if she wears her cute hats and a necklace she will be OK.


"No one will know who I am mom." We talked about the fact that even though she looks different on the outside, she is and will always be, Emily! I told her that her job is to show people that she is still the same girl who loves to play and have fun like she always has. "Everyone will look and say you look different but that doesn't mean it is a bad thing. In fact they will all think you look beautiful!"


Change is not always easy. Emily has a lot of changes happening and she is just 6 years old. She has such a strong spirit! Her prayers are so incredible to listen to.I am realizing the things she will be going through during this next year will have be done on her own. I can't take away the hurt she might be feeling, no matter how bad I want to.I am so grateful she knows that Jesus will always be by her side to help lighten her load. The Lord has a great work for our little angel. She has already made such a difference in so many lives and I know she's not even close to being done. I am sure that the things she will learn this year will help her for the rest of her life! I am so lucky to be her mom. She teaches me so much!






Emilys hair started to fall out by the handful! She had a whole pile of hair all over her bed!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, hi! You look beautiful! I can't wait to see you again!

From, Kate West

Anonymous said...

Emily your new "do" looks great! We can see your beautiful smile, which is as wonderful as ever. We hope you can stop itching soon! Love, the West family.

Meg said...

I can't wait to see your cute new do Miss Em! You are truely amazing Em!

Jill you are so brave!! Way to celebrate with her and go into the hall to mourn. That would be so hard to watch and you both handled it like CHAMPIONS! Love you

Rod and Jess said...

Jill,
This is exactly the reason I love you and your beautiful family so much! Could any of you be any more inspiring?!? I feel the spirit so strong every time you write or we talk! Emily, you are prettier than any princess I've ever seen! In fact, I think you look like a little angel straight from Heaven! I love you so much little lady! Thank you for setting such a good example to all of us - especially us grown ups who sometimes forget what's really important, and where true beauty really lies. Hugs and kisses to all of you! Love, Jessica

Amber said...

Emily, your face is total princess! I would know you are a girl FOR SURE!

We will see you soon and can't wait!!! I love your pretty hat!
Love, Aunt Amber

Rose said...

The sooner it falls out, the faster it can grow back! Way to move on!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Emi is BEAUTIFUL! But we want to hear more talking. We want to watch her talking more plllleaassseee!!! We miss our friend so much. Can we go see her right now, or tomorrow? We love her. We love Emi!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Justin and Gracie!!!

Emily-I had to show them your video 15 times!! They love you so much. We can't wait to play with you again.

Cathy said...

Emily! I think your new haircut is so cute! Plus, I love the hat with the big flower--you definitely look like a pretty girl! Faith can't wait to see you and play with you again. We miss you!

Shane's Angie said...

This is coming from a girl with very short hair...take my word for it...it is the best! It's never hot or sticky on your neck, it's so easy to "do", and in your case little Emily...it is absolutely beautiful!

Angee said...

Princess Emily. That's totally you! The princess in pink with a necklace and a hat. I think she is my favorite princess of all.


Ditto to Jessica's comments. She said it perfectly...