background

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Diligent Daughter Jacqueline





I would like to pay tribute to my diligent daughter Jacqueline. She inspires me with her desire to be diligent in her scripture study and prayer, her diligence in being obedient, her diligence in being a quiet leader, and her diligence in being the best oldest daughter and sister she could possibly be. Although, judging from the picture above she might need a little more practice with the make-up thing...

When we see flashes of brilliance from Jacqueline (which are many), we sometimes feel like we are being raised by her. If we don’t have a piece of paper around to jot down a note, we tell Jacqueline and she is always sure to remember. She’s our family’s “Palm Pilot”.

I love the confidence she has in herself and more impressive is that she’s already learned how to have confidence without pride or arrogance. She knows that you don’t have to put someone down in order to lift yourself up. She is sincere and diligent in her efforts to be a light to all those around her.

I love you Jacqueline.

- Dad

3 comments:

Angee said...

The Draper family sure would be lost with Jackie. She's just so cool...

Ging said...

Jac...you are #1 in my book. I love you! Thanks for being the example you are!

Meg said...

You all know that I adore this girl as well.. great tribute to her Matt.. you hit it right on the nose! YOU ARE THE BEST JACQUELINE!