background

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 2



Today was a really special day. Emily got to spend the day with Grandma Whiting! They got to take the sacrament together and have primary right in her room. Sister Holladay is keeping her promise to Emily and coming up every Sunday. My mom had tears in her eyes as she described the experience! She said it was "priceless". When she and Sister Spencer came in one of the first things she asked was "Did the kids forget me?" It just so happened that they had brought up a bag FULL of the cutest cards from all of the primary children! Emily was so excited to show them all to me. "Mom, look at all of these!" This means so much to her to know that everyone is praying for her and loves her...and yes, remembers her. My mom said it was so sweet to watch them singing together and to have a lesson just for Emi, I can't tell you what this means to me as her mother! She was just beaming from ear to ear!
Emily had another treat today. She had a visit from Aunt Deb and her Great Grandpa Don. She said it was a lot of fun to see them and to play with Grandpa Don.
Emily felt really good today. She is still very red and blotchy everywhere and is starting to show signs of mouth sores. We are praying they don't get too serious. She played doctor with her doll, stuffed animals and of course, grandma. It looked like an operating room when I walked in. She is also very proud of a necklace she made for Jacqueline. She told me to tell Aunt Monica that she can make necklaces too!!! Thanks everyone for making Emily feel so loved today!

2 comments:

Ging said...

Sure hope things continue to go well for everyone. I am so grateful for your blog, so I can be up-dated. Emi just melts my heart. Is she taking orders for necklaces???

wendy said...

Jill, I love to read your blog and get my daily updates on your family. Love you
Wendy