background

Friday, August 15, 2008

Thomas and his sisters

As we were in Emily's hospital room tending to two daughters that were at the time feeling very very sick, someone asked Thomas, "So Thomas, how are you doing?". He replied back with a smile on his face and a shrug of the shoulders, "Well, a lot better than my sisters...". Thomas has always been so willing to help Emily with her medical needs. In fact, before Emily received her first transplant and they were running tests on Jacqueline and Thomas, this brave little 4-year old announced that he would like to do the surgery for his sister. This touched Jill and I greatly because in the moment when he there was a choice, he quickly and freely jumped forward to help his sister. In truth, Thomas will have many chances in his life to give something of great value to his sister. Great gifts don't have to be done through a climatic surgery, they can also be given through daily acts of kindness. Thomas is well on his way to providing this type of gift to his both his sisters. We love you Thomas. - Dad

3 comments:

Meg said...

That's AMORE! That is Thomas! Can't wait to get another thomas hug soon! LOVE YOU my buddy!
-Gazaway-

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Thomas, what a blessing you are to your family. What would they do without you?!!!!! I know your sisters and parents love you so much, (but not as much as aunt jolyn.) ok maybe it's close.
love you buddy see you soon. Make sure things don't get to serious around there, keep everyone smiling.

Shane's Angie said...

I saw the update on Meg's site and I'm looking in on you again. Hopefully you don't mind, but I had to comment about your Thomas. When I saw this video I realized that he was once a visitor in my Primary class when he was with your parents, the Whitings. He was such an impressive little boy. I remember telling Marilyn what a cute, smart, and amazingly spiritual kid he was. He participated with the lesson and seemed so mature. Tell him that I could tell from just that one hour with him that he had a tremendous spirit and is surely one of Heavenly Father's finest!
I realize this is such a hard time for your family, but the strength you show and the selflessness displayed is almost overwhelming to me. Again, you will be a constant in my prayers. Lots of love, from your "friends" in the Orem 2nd Ward!