background

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

1st day of Chemo


We are at the end of our first day of Chemo. We had to be here at 5:00am. Emily has handled the Chemo wonderfully! She has been really happy and full of life. She did get tired this afternoon which is expected with all the blood draws they have had to do today!
Emilys highlight was when she found out the rules at Primarys has changed with visitors. Now, anyone can come visit as long as they and their family members are well with no signs of sickness at all! This means she got to see her cousins from Idaho which really made her day since she was so sad when she said goodbye to them yesterday. The hospital has a 4 visitors at a time limit which is best for Emily anyway but she enjoyed seeing uncle Justin, Megan Gazaway, the Buhrleys, Grandpa Whiting and of course her dad!(For some reason I am not enough excitement for her!)
We are hoping today is a sign that she is going to have some more good days! Thanks for all of your prayers--they are helping!

- Jill

6 comments:

wendy said...

Wow, what an amazing little family you have, and of course Emily. She has gone thru so much in her little life. My little worries seem like nothing compared to what you guys are going through. I'm glad you're blogging so I can check in and see how things are going.
Loe you
Wendy

Meg said...

It was such a delight to be with you today! Emily was so darling and she is a trooper! You too Mommy you are a trooper letting all of us kick you out of the room. Love you dearly.. know that I am here anytime.. just a phone call away!

Amber said...

I feel so out of the loop not being able to be with Emily on Tuesday and at the hospital today! We are missing you, thinking of you and trying to get better so we can visit. Your brave family is always in our thoughts and prayers.

I LOVE your blog and new family pix!
Love you forever!

Shane's Angie said...

Hello heaps family, my name is Angie Sullivan and I am in your parents ward and a good friend of Megan Gazaway. I got to your site from a link on hers (I hope you don't mind!) I just wanted to let you know, that although I don't know you personally, my family will be keeping you in our prayers and fasts over the next couple of weeks and months. May the Lord bless your family with all that you stand in need of!

Tamara said...

I have been wondering how things were going while relaxing here in Heber. We continue to pray for Emily. My inlaws are also wondering how she is doing so I am SOO glad you are blogging. Keep up the faith. We love and miss you ugys already.

danno said...

We are so glad that the initial treatments are going well! You are in our prayers constantly. Love, the Timpsons