background

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 19



We spent today at HOME! Emily and I did school in her new "schoolroom". She had lots of fun counting 100 fish! She also wrote in her writing journal about her new pink room and her new blue schoolroom. (It was very cute)


We did venture out to Costco. (Yes, I had to be very brave) She was really good about wearing her mask the whole time and of course, We LOVE hand sanitizer!


I am still trying to figure out a good routine with cleaning, school, medications and all the other "normal" family things we do. Things like this are always overwhelming at first.I'm so glad I have done the cleaning and medication stuff before, especially having to add teaching school to the mix. I am sure I will figure it out soon.


The medications are taking a toll on Emily. She keeps seeing black spots on her arms and spends hours trying to get them off her skin. "They are there mom, I know, I am not kidding!" She will even pick at your face if you get too close.


It is hard for her emotionally because she just doesn't feel like herself. She has times in the day that are great and others when she doesn't want to talk, or just wants to lay down. There are also times when she talks too much!...April West called today and she answered; when I asked her to bring the phone to me she yelled, "Mom, you can come and get it yourself, I am not your servant!" Needless to say I was grateful April is so understanding. I told her I guess I have to stop pretending that my family is perfect...the truth is finally out!


We were warned about these side effects but it is hard to watch her struggle. I am grateful to know the personality change is only temporary! For now we will do our best to help her get through it all.


Today was a good one. Emily is so happy to be home!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Emily, your school room is soooo cool! I love the pink chair and matching fuzzy pen!

I want to come to YOUR school. I've heard your teacher is the very best.

Love, Aunt Amber

p.s. Does your school have a name?

Amber said...

Emily, Is Leo your school mascot?
Love you, Trisha

Ging said...

So glad your are home, Emily! Loved your school room, looks awesome! Be stong!

Elder Logan Cottle said...

I am thrilled she is home.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Emily, I heard the same thing about your school teacher!!(that she is the VERY best.) You are soooooooooo lucky to have her. You will be getting some fun pictures in the mail soon, I am sending them tomorrow! It will be a BIG envelope, there are so many cute pictures of you with Justin and Gracie. We love you!!!
Aunt Jolyn
P.s. my favorite picture of you (on the day you came home) is the one where you are coming in to see your room. Thomas and Jackie are behind you, your face is so surprised and happy!!!

Coral said...

I'm so glad that she's home! We are praying that all will continue to go well!

Coral