background

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 22

Today is Saturday! That means Dad, Jacqueline and Thomas all get to be home with us. Ya Hoo!
We all went to Thomas' first flag football game. He is the quarterback. He made some great passes and runs. It was fun to watch him.
Emily did not want to go to the game; but it was a perfect no wind, just the right temperature day so we made her come along. It is so nice to be able to go and watch Thomas as a family! We just sat away from the crowds.
Emily was hesitant at first but soon some friends came up and she enjoyed the company. They decided to go over to the playground. We told her she could go with a mask on. Grandma took her over and was amazed at what she saw.
She said all the kids were looking and a few asked her what she was wearing in her ears.(This is so funny to me that they would first ask about her hearing aids and not about her mask or bald head!) Grandma said she answered them very confidently saying "They help me to hear." Emily then started asking kids what their names were. She found a boy who was in her kindergarten class. She asked him if he remembered her and he said "Yes, you were in Mrs. Claymore's class." They continued to talk for a little while. She had to tell him she couldn't play in the dirt with him, so they just talked.
I was very proud of her today. She was able to get past her fears of how people are going to react when they see her; in doing so, she allowed herself to have fun.
We had a great Saturday. We got lots of housework and yard work done which is so nice since we have been so crazy lately. Matt and I went to a Stake meeting and while we were gone Jacqueline painted her wall. We will post pictures of it soon. It looks awesome! She is so creative. It is so fun to watch her in action!
I also painted today, well I just did touch ups on our walls and doors. I was very pleased with my accomplishment until I realized it was the wrong color! I just spent an hour trying to fix my mistake! Oh well, You live and learn right!? I am just glad we still had the right color so it could be fixed!

-Jill

2 comments:

Angee said...

Way to go Emily for being so brave and way to go Thomas.

Jayne was so excited that Jarrett and Thomas are on the same team. If you ever need anything for football, Jayne is amazingly generous and wonderful and I know would be glad to help.

Go Cougars...

Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.