background

Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 24

Emily woke up very happy today. We went to our clinic appointment and she sang songs about rainbows and colored for about 2 hours. It is so good to see her so happy. Everything is going great all except her picking!!!! Last night she came down the hall with blood everywhere! We thought her line must have gotten a hole or something. She had picked a tiny spot on her hand that took me 15 minutes of constant pressure to stop bleeding. The doctors gave me little 2X2 covaderm to put on her owies. Of course Emily couldn't stand them. I finally let her take them off tonight after they were all peeling off from her itching them. Hopefully she can find a way to keep herself from doing this.
I just feel bad because I do the same thing...(I just don't bleed to death). It is sooo easy to say "Just stop", but it's a very different story when you're the one trying to stop! Why did she have to inherit this trait?
Emily was given some money to spend any way she wanted and she has been very excited to do so. She spent this afternoon on the Internet getting an idea of what she wanted. It is so hard to decide! I took her to Target and she picked out a barbie from a movie she has been "dying to see". It was so fun for her. I am so impressed how she is able to walk into a store with her mask, and in this case, her IV medicine tubes hanging out of her backpack and not be bothered at all the looks. She just keeps going! I love how she just does her thing.
We went to Rick and Mary Whitaker's home for dinner and family night. For those of you who don't know the Whitaker's, I feel very sorry for you! Everyone needs a Rick and Mary in their lives! They are such amazing friends and neighbors who would give the shirt off their backs if they thought it would help you in any way. They have an amazing way of making everyone feel so loved and sincerely cared about!
We had a great dinner and Rick gave a beautiful lesson about trials. He is amazing when it comes to his knowledge of the scriptures! I always learn new things when I listen to him.
Emily was very excited to be able to go to a house other than her own. She is already looking forward to going back for a visit to color and read books with Mary! Thanks Rick and Mary for making tonight so special!

1 comment:

Angee said...

Emily, I will go shoppping at Target with you anytime. Target is my favorite store. Maybe you could help me find some fun things for Camrie and Rylie's birthday soon.

Tell your mom to keep looking for that camera battery. Rylie likes reading your blog and seeing the pictures of you. She has a couple notes to bring over sometime...