background

Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 28

I am writing from Primary Children's Hospital...yes,I said hospital! We came in this morning for a routine clinic visit and for IVIG.(Gamma Gobulin to help boost her immune system) She has had IVIG all of her life and never had a problem with it at all. Well, I guess after a transplant all that can change. Emily started to fever and it kept going up along with her heart rate and blood pressure! They decided to keep her over night just to watch but as the day wore on and she kept fevering hours after the IVIG they decided to start her on some antibiotics just in case she actually has an infection. This means we have to stay longer(unless the doctor decides to be really nice). The usual protocol is that with any fever you need to stay for 2-3 days while they culture the blood to find out what kind of infection you might have. When the results come back they can give us the right meds and let us finish them at home.
Emily has been crying ALL day and into the night. "I want Leo!" "I want to cuddle with Leo!" "I want my bed, it's not comfy here." "We aren't a family again!"
After hearing this about a hundred times (NO EXAGGERATION!) I said "Honey, stop. You have got to calm down." She just kept telling me "But I have to talk about it!" then she would start to cry all over again!
I have to laugh when I remember back to when she was a toddler. She would not ever want to leave the hospital. She would have surgery and it would be time to go home and I would have to pick her up and walk out with her kicking and screaming! No such luck now!
Well, let's all pray that she will have no more fevers and a restful night.(Ha Ha) Hopefully, if she has no more for the next 24 hours MAYBE we will get lucky and get to come home. I sure hope so for her sake! I feel so bad for her!

1 comment:

Amber said...

We are praying you get home soon!! You're brave, Emily!