background

Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 31


Today was full of fun with Cambry, Mia and Kaleb. They started out with blowing bubbles, which soon led to blowing them no wait, pouring them on Leo to give him a "bath". They searched the yard for perfect rocks to clean and then paint. All four of them insisted on helping make cookies for Sister Holladay. They were very proud of themselves!
I told Emily she would need to help me do some of my jobs since I now had to give Leo a real bath. She was not happy about it but as soon as she did her first job she came and asked me what I needed her to do next. She became happier and happier as she worked. It was a great learning experience for both of us. I realized how important it is to follow through with consequences and how good it makes her feel when I do. She felt so good about herself. It made the night so much more enjoyable for everyone!
We talked about animals and their habitats in school today; it was so fun to see her get so excited about learning! She told the family all about the things she learned at dinner tonight! We are going to go to the library and find books about animals and whatever else interests her...this is what makes learning so fun...focusing on what interests you!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Looks like a fun wild day! Good for you Mama sticking to your guns. I only wish that I could be that consistent.