background

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 26


Medicine anyone? Emily would love to share some, oh I mean ALL of hers! Chocolate milk is definitely the best drink to help it go down--I am sure it has "A spoon full of sugar" in it. Mary Poppins was right!
Emily reminded me every few minutes to look on Redbox to see if the new Barbie movie was available to rent. About 7:00 tonight it was in!!!! Dad made her day by going and getting it for her. (We love $1.00 rentals at our house!)
Jacqueline heard her calling her friend Cambry to come over to watch it with her. Too bad it's a school night. Maybe tomorrow after school!
We went to the library today and Emily saw a school friend named Alison. They were so excited to see each other. It is so wonderful how accepting kids are. They talked just like any friends would. It didn't matter that Emily looks different and had a mask on.
When we are out in public many kids ask questions but then accept it and move on...there is no hesitation or running away. They find out why and then it doesn't seem to be an issue. Emily asked me why so many people ask questions. I asked her if she were to see someone with a mask if she would wonder why they were wearing it. I told her this is her opportunity to show them how nice she is and that it is no big deal..."If it is no big deal to you, then it will be no big deal to them." She seemed to understand.
Even though we don't go many places and we go at times that aren't so busy, it is really nice for both Emily and I to get out of the house for a little bit. It's always nice to have a change of scenery.
Well, I've got to go and give Emily her last meds of the day. Love you all!!!
-Jill

6 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, Emily! That is a lot of meds to take! I remember trying to learn to swallow a pill when I was young and thinking it was super hard. I took so long to learn that I bet Grandma remembers it! I can't wait until we can come see you! We still have stuffy sinuses at our house so it might be a while. Love, Aunt Amber

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Gracie would LOVE to come watch the Barbie movie with you!! But you might have to call her "Sally!" She has been pretending to be Sally A LOT lately and wants us all to call her Sally!! Pretty silly huh?!! She loves you so much she would probably ley YOU call her anything you want and it would be OK!!!! We love you!! (Gracie, i mean Sally, liked your pink and blue pill the best.)xoxoxoxoxo Aunt Jolyn

Unknown said...

Holy medication!!! Emily, you are one brave chick! We love you so much!

Holly said...

That looks like NO fun at all dangit! We keep praying for you...hopefully all these med are working their magic!! Hang in there!
The Wades

Angee said...

Great picture. You say medicine, but I never imagined all of that. What an amazingly awesome 6 year old. Thanks for sharing. If only we all could ask the questions and then move on...

Jeremy Whiting said...

Hey Emily! I get lots of questions from kids too! I love it cause I just tell them "I fell off a cliff and it made it so my legs don't move any more so I use a wheelchair." Once they know, they just say "Oh, wanna see my new backpack?" Kids understand that stuff happens in our world and people look different sometimes and it's really no big deal, they are just curious (so are grown-ups they are just afraid to admit it!) Jill, you are right; if you think it's no big deal other people won't either. Although, it is TOTALLY OK to get frustrated sometimes (especially when trying to down all those meds! Barnacles!)