background

Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 21


Emily felt tons better today. Especially after waking mom up at 3:00am trying to snuggle her way into our bed!
She is enjoying school time which makes me so happy. I am surprised at how much I enjoy this time with her!
We talked her into going outside on a little bike ride. She had forgotten how much she enjoys riding her bike. It was a bummer when we had to come in because of the wind.
The medications are giving her anxiety in ways I have never seen before. She did not want to go outside because she was scared that people might laugh at her.
Emily feels very secure at home with her family and her close friends but when she thinks outside of this it is frightening for her. I know a lot of this is because of the medications. In fact, she even told me today,"Mom, I just get nervous to play with friends because the medicine I am on makes me feel like I don't want to play." It's good she can be open with her feelings and I am so glad she realizes it isn't her true self. I told her that some days she would feel like playing and other days she won't and that is just fine. I am realizing how important it is to keep her interacting with others so she doesn't have even more anxiety as the months go on.
It is hard because we are supposed to keep her from public as much as possible so she won't get sick but I hope when she stops taking all these meds she will be able to relax when she does go out. The unknown always seems scarier then reality. I am sure with time and patience she will be able to handle it great. For now, I am glad she enjoys being home because this is where she will be 90% of the time!

No comments: