background

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day 33

Emily asked the doctor if she could go to her friend Cambry's house. He told her yes....if, the house is clean and everyone is healthy. Emily was so excited because she just knew this would not be a problem for Cambry's mom! I felt bad asking so much. Not only does the house have to be clean but snacks have to come packaged or from a brand new box that no hands have been in. This can be very overwhelming for anyone! Of course Angie was more than willing to do this so...
Today, Emily's dream came true!!! When Cambry came to pick her up I felt like I was sending her off to school for the first time or something. I have been with her 24/7 for the last 2 months, it was hard to see her walking away.(hand in hand, it was very cute!) Everything went well, Emily made Angie call to see if she could have popcorn in her own bowl.(She wanted to be sure!) It is awesome that she is so careful, unlike when she was a baby running for the dirty rocks to put in her mouth.
When I came to pick her up she was completely exhausted! Hopefully this means she will sleep well tonight!
Today meant so much to Emily, and to me. I feel so blessed to have such a sweet friend who was willing to go to all that trouble to allow Emily to have a such a wonderful time! Emily was grinning from ear to ear!Thanks Angie!
-Jill

1 comment:

Angee said...

The house has to be clean? Dang. That puts my house out. At least the other 2 Heaps kids don't need it to clean. We would be lost without them...