background

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day 20

Emily woke up with diarrhea all over. Yuck! I felt so bad for her. We were going to BMT clinic this morning anyway so I brought a lovely sample along for tests. I was very worried they would make her stay.
Emily's clinic appointment went well. Her ANC is still up which is great. Her blood pressure is high so she is going on some medicine to bring it back down. She had to have a tube suck stuff out of her nose which she hated so they could do some tests. She has had a very runny but clear nose for about a week now.
I am glad to say they let us come home and Emily's diarrhea is looking a lot better. Too much information? Yes, but this is her journal you know! I just know she will love reading and knowing other people read about her diarrhea!
I could definitely tell she was not feeling well. She kept telling me she didn't want to play today. She said "Mom, its just too hard to have friends over." I laughed because no one was even asking to play. This is very unlike my little social butterfly!
As she lay on the couch resting most of the afternoon, Leo would hop up and snuggle with her. She loved every minute of this of course! I looked over one time and he was licking her head! When I told him to stop Emily said,"Mom, I didn't know he was doing it."Ha Ha
In her prayer tonight she asked Heavenly Father to help her not to have such a rough day tomorrow. I will pray for this too!

2 comments:

Deni said...

Jill, about this time in Ryan's Post BMT phase, he too started with diarrhea. We found that it was lactose intolerance. We immediately started him on lacto-free formula and the diarrhea stopped. This may be something to look for in Emily. He wasn't lactose intolerant forever, but we kept him away from dairy for at least 6 months and then started introducing it again.

Good luck to you.

- Deni

Holly said...

Dangit! I hate to hear about set backs for you. We too will pray tha Emily has a better day today!
The Wades