background

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 29


We're HOME!!! No more fevers.
Emily is sleeping in her own "comfy" bed tonight. I'm not sure who's more excited, her or me. It was a long two days of a little girl who was very vocal about wanting to go home!!!
On the way home she said, "I will be nice from now on, for the rest of the day so you can get me a prize." I had to fight back the laughter. I said "Sure when you get your chart filled up but it takes a lot more than one afternoon." She of course threw a fit saying "I will only be nice if you get me a prize!" I told her to "let me know how that works out for her." After about 10 more minutes of yelling she was quiet then I heard "Sorry Mom"...kids are SO smart!
We drove up to a husband cleaning out the very dirty garage and two kids who had cleaned the whole house so I wouldn't have to when I got home! I don't mean to brag but I really do have the greatest kids and hubby in the whole world!
I needed to pick up a prescription--Matt could tell I was pretty frazzled...lets just say for those Love and Logic fans, ENERGY DRAIN! He told me to take my time. So I did! It was a much needed break! I came home a much nicer mom.
It is amazing how much patience and understanding it takes to remember not to take the things she does personally. Isn't this one of the most important keys to parenting? I feel pretty selfish when I sit down and realize what a difficult time this is for Emily. She needs her mom to help her get through this, not make it worse with being mean back!(of course I would NEVER do this!Ha Ha)It is so easy to take out our frustrations on the ones we love the most; not that we should but I think a part of us knows we will be forgiven and still loved!It isn't easy to be at our best 24/7. There is so much to learn! How do our kids survive us?
When I came home Emily was so sweet. She hates being uprooted from home and bugged by all the nurses doing her vitals and giving her medicine. She told Matt that she was "so tired" tonight. It will be great to sleep in our own beds!Theres nothing like being home.

3 comments:

Amber said...

You are an amazing Mom, Jill. Heavenly Father knew who he was choosing to walk with Emily through these times.

I'm glad you got a break, although getting a prescription doesn't sound too much fun. I'm sure the change of scenery was nice! LOve YOU!!!

Rose said...

My heart is breaking ;{. I've been crying all day.

Whitnie Wells said...

I am so glad she is home! I haven't read in a few days and I was shocked, but am glad to read that she is home now.